PDA

View Full Version : When do you get paid?

pinklady
22-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I agreed with my new parents that I would be paid monthly and they would transfer the money into my bank via standing order. That's all well and good but some months have 4 weeks and some have 5 so the amount wont always be the same.

How do you do it?

Daddy Day Care
22-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I THINK you would work out how much you would charge them over the whole year, then divide that ammount by 12, so you would get paid an equal ammount every month

Minstrel
22-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Thats a good idea, personally i would get confused if they left in the middle of the year or when i took hols/was off sick.

Cant they just do a internet bank transfer? I pay all my bills like this and it takes only a couple of mins. x

cs01
22-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I get paid monthly in advance via bank transfer. I email them an invoice 7 days before payment is due, then they arrange a bank transfer, for the correct amount, each month. This way, if either of us take holiday or if I am sick, I can then ensure any credits etc are on the following months invoice.

Minstrel
22-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I get paid monthly in advance via bank transfer. I email them an invoice 7 days before payment is due, then they arrange a bank transfer, for the correct amount, each month. This way, if either of us take holiday or if I am sick, I can then ensure any credits etc are on the following months invoice.

This is exactly how i have started doing it- you explained it much better thn i did! :D

sarah707
22-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I invoice on the last day of the month.

Most pay me the following week by cheque...

One pays me weekly cash because she prefers it that way.

One pays me when he can be bothered :rolleyes:

I also have vouchers that come in through the month, one in arrears, one in advance.

I just make sure that there's enough in my account to pay my bills at the start of the month, then it sort of drips through :D

georgie456
22-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I THINK you would work out how much you would charge them over the whole year, then divide that ammount by 12, so you would get paid an equal ammount every month

Exactly what I have done with my monthly payer!

tinkerbelle
22-08-2009, 08:57 PM
mines weekly for some and the last friday of every month for others works better for me

uf353432
23-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I run invoices on the 20th of the month for payment on the 1st. If anything extra is charged between invoice date and invoice payment its at my discretion if I carry it over to the following month or raise a supplementary invoice.

mushpea
23-08-2009, 10:32 AM
i get paid every monday for the week just worked because if i do monthly then a parent cant pay then a months money is a lot to loose plus it mounts up for the parent. i do it in arreas because i find this is easier to work out than advance due to overtime etc.
I am from september going to ask the parents if they can pay via standing order, not because they dont pay on time but becausse at the moment they pay cash in hand and somehow it never gets to the bank to be saved cause i end up spending it:rolleyes:

ORKSIE
23-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I get paid weelky by some. monthly by others.
One of my Mums is an IT expert and she has made me payment schedules for the year. I have one for each child. This way even when I get paid monthly, it dosnt matter whether its 4 weeks or 5. All parents love it. Has worked a treat cos no one is out of pocket:thumbsup:

Sue1980
23-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi

I get paid by cash and cheques every week.

sue

buildingblocks
23-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Always in advance

the rest depends on what the family want
some weekly
some fortnightly
some monthly

the monthly ones they tell me the date they want to pay me on e.g depending on when they get paid.

My present parent pays me on the first of the month by Bank Transfer (would like all my parents to pay me this way eventually if I could work it)

i invoice her about a week before and she makes sure she pays it in so its cleared by the first. Whatever date is on the contract then that is when I am paid by. In the past I have been paid by cheque by the date on the contract and then bank it when I can get to bank. someone I know says cheque has to be cleared by date on contracts but i am just happy to get cheque on date mind you when it starts bouncing then no pay by cheque any more.

Playmate
23-08-2009, 04:38 PM

This is how my monthly payers do it we work out the cost for 52 weeks (taking into account our holidays at half pay) and divide by 12. Doesn't matter if they leave half way through the year the sum is agreed and that is what they pay. My weekly ones pay either by transfer of or cash on a monday.

FizzysFriends
23-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Im just doing my invoices now and parents will pay me 1st day they are here in September for September.

Andrea08
23-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I agreed with my new parents that I would be paid monthly and they would transfer the money into my bank via standing order. That's all well and good but some months have 4 weeks and some have 5 so the amount wont always be the same.

How do you do it?

im in the same boat and this my 1st month to be paid so for x4 wks = standing order and a cheque for x1 week

but it turns out im getting paid at the end of the month (due to tax credits) not the beginning!!! didnt complain as i had no work and any payment is better than none lol x

childmind04
23-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I invoice 4 weekly as its easier for the parents i have, mind busy bees has a way of making it feel like a 5 week month somethimes :rolleyes:

zillervalley
23-08-2009, 07:04 PM
i invoice monthly paters the last monday of the month to end the last friday of the month, this has always worked for me

ziller

loocyloo
24-08-2009, 08:28 AM
i invoice all parents 10-14 days before the end of the month, and they pay by the 1st of the month, for the upcoming months care. i then refund/add on, as necessary in the following month. most pay by online transfer, i have a couple of cheques, that i bank when i can, but i always have them by the 1st.

ie ... invoiced 18th august for the month of september, due 1st september.

everyone pays in advance, no exceptions! i say ... no payment, no care!

pinklady
24-08-2009, 10:28 AM

That's what I have decided to do. Although there will be months (like this one) where I have to change the amount due to me having to take time off. DS2 has got an operation next tuesday and his 1st day at pre-school the tuesday after and you're not allowed to take minded children along on their first day :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
24-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Most of mine pay weekly, the monthly one I give an invoice to on the last friday of the month and she normally brings me a cheque on the Monday!:clapping:

buildingblocks
25-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Always in advance

the rest depends on what the family want
some weekly
some fortnightly
some monthly

the monthly ones they tell me the date they want to pay me on e.g depending on when they get paid.

My present parent pays me on the first of the month by Bank Transfer (would like all my parents to pay me this way eventually if I could work it)

i invoice her about a week before and she makes sure she pays it in so its cleared by the first. Whatever date is on the contract then that is when I am paid by. In the past I have been paid by cheque by the date on the contract and then bank it when I can get to bank. someone I know says cheque has to be cleared by date on contracts but i am just happy to get cheque on date mind you when it starts bouncing then no pay by cheque any more.

Meant to add that any extra hours are just added onto the next months invoice

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I work my yearly fee out and divide it by 12. I invoice on the 20th of each month and any addtiional monies are added to this and the parents change their SO. Always in Advance

nannymcflea
25-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I am absolutely terrible at sending out invoices...have just sent one yesterday for June/July to the after schoolers whose contract ended on July 17th!:eek: