PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty

Baildon bears
22-08-2009, 06:31 PM
When I started childminding I felt really guilty about my little boy having to share me with other children. I have now been minding for a year and my little boy is used to it, but I have just finished with a 4 year old boy who I have had not long after I started and my little boy has built up a sibling like relationship with him and I now feel really guilty because he is going to miss him. Its a really hard seeing a child in your care move on, I also have been through so much with him, but am looking forward to my new challenge. This job is so emotional at times.:( Hannah

sarah707
22-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Guilt follows you through your parenting life...

Guilt when you are there and guilt when you are not... guilt when you watch them struggle and guilt when you send them away to school...

You can only do your best and you are doing that by being there for him and acknowledging his pain.

Sending hugs xx

Baildon bears
22-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Guilt follows you through your parenting life...

Guilt when you are there and guilt when you are not... guilt when you watch them struggle and guilt when you send them away to school...

You can only do your best and you are doing that by being there for him and acknowledging his pain.

Sending hugs xx

Thanks Sarah,

feel better now. Hannah xx:)

The Juggler
25-08-2009, 07:27 AM
I had a little boy leave me after 18 months (he started at 8 months). My DS who is 9 adored him. When they said goodbye he had a little tear but when he went to bed that night he sobbed like never before, like someone mourning. It was awful. I held him whilst he cried for over an hour and felt like such a horrible mum.

We still see the little boy and his mum occasionally to go to the park at weekends etc so he is fine now but it was awful so I sympathise.

LOL