PDA

View Full Version : Who wanted the step 2 sand pit?

louise
21-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi, I saw the thread a few weeks back just wondering if it was this one in the Tescos sale.
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-0257.aspx
i so want to order some bits but have no money untill new mindees start.

Mouse
21-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I've just ordered that today

and this http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-1109.aspx

and a few more bits :blush:

Trouble
21-08-2009, 08:18 PM
i think it was john

louise
21-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I've just been umming to if i get one or not. I havent got any spare money till new mindees start in a few weeks but i could use my card. My sand pit is a tiny one shared with the water.

Helen79
21-08-2009, 08:41 PM
does anyone know if the legs on the sand tray are removable for storing it?

little miss chatterbox
21-08-2009, 09:53 PM
oooooooh i want that!!!! My DH hates sand pits coz of the mess but the kids love it! Think I might have to place a secret order! Thanks Jennie

peanuts
22-08-2009, 05:33 AM
looks good might get one myself as mindee would love to play with it

balloon
22-08-2009, 06:42 AM
does anyone know if the legs on the sand tray are removable for storing it?

I have the larger version (sand and water) and the legs look quite similar. The legs screw in on the larger version (through the frame) but you could probably leave them unscrewed and take them off

Not sure if that helps or not...

louised
22-08-2009, 07:36 AM
I have this sand table and once the legs have been attached they cannot be easily removed, I also find that it's too low for most of the children and they have to bend over to use it.

Mouse
24-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I've had this arrive today & I'm really pleased with it.

The legs just push into place, so would come off with a bit of a wiggle. Wouldn't be easy, but not impossible.

It is low to the ground, but will be fine for the little ones. I may consider cobbling together some sort of base to stand it on to make it a bit higher though. It's a good size for all 3 little ones to play at at the same time.

It does have a lid that is kept on by a couple of elastic straps, so won't blow away (has anyone else ever lost their turtle sandpit lid in high winds?!). The lid though is quite flimsy. It does say it can be used as a car track (has a few grooves/roads in it), but I don't know that it would last under much pressure. I'm going to have to make sure they don't sit on it!

All in all, it's very good for half price. I wouldn't want to pay full price for it, but at this price it's great.

Helen79
24-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Mine arrived today, it's nice & big but is very low to the ground. dd whose 4 had to get a small stool to sit on next to it. It'll be fine for the littlies though. I found the lid flimsy aswell. It wouldn't withstand ds climbing on it, little monkey he is.

I though the bottom of the sand tray was really flimsy too, not solid plastic like I would've expected. I tempted to take my back to Tesco & get the sand tray that I saw in town for the same price.

helenlc
24-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Mine arrived today, it's nice & big but is very low to the ground. dd whose 4 had to get a small stool to sit on next to it. It'll be fine for the littlies though. I found the lid flimsy aswell. It wouldn't withstand ds climbing on it, little monkey he is.

I though the bottom of the sand tray was really flimsy too, not solid plastic like I would've expected. I tempted to take my back to Tesco & get the sand tray that I saw in town for the same price.

Can I ask how deep the tray is please?

Wondered wether it could be used for water play too.

Helen79
24-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Can I ask how deep the tray is please?

Wondered wether it could be used for water play too.

It's about 9cm. I don't think it would be deep enough for water

Mouse
24-08-2009, 07:52 PM
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-1109.aspx

I bought this water one & it's fab.

It's still quite low, but my 8 year old daughter has been playing with it all afternoon. It's a lot deeper than most water tables I've had in the past. Great for washing her dollies!

louise
24-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh dear. Ds keeps on asking when its coming. I didn't expect it to be that high as it says from 2. Ds who is 5 takes a chair to play with our tiny one anyway. Just realised the dog may try and stand on it of its low as he does on the rabbit run. May have to change where i put it so he doesnt try and jump the fence. I'm sure my neighbour will love that when she said loudly today i've changed my mind im going indoors( sorry me and kids are aloud in garden to). Ours is coming on Wed as i choose delievery as im out alot this week.

I nearly ordered that sink but saw reviews and problems with the tap bit. So i decided to keep old sand tray for water.

miffy
24-08-2009, 08:27 PM
That looks great and a bargain! Off to have a looksie myself now

Miffy xx