PDA

View Full Version : My Hoodia Diary

Banana
23-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Well I am on my second day everyone!

And as far as I am aware It IS working :D

I took 2 yesterday and have had 1 today and I am just not getting cravings for food.

Last night I did have a small portion of spaghetti bolognese for tea just so I ate something. I had porridge in the morning and 2 ryvita at lunchtime with philidelphia. I did have to make myself eat my bolognese and was very full afterwards.

Today I had 1 hoodia tablet this morning and I have had 1 piece of toast - loads of fluids and 2 chocolates (did feel the need for some sugar today and apparently its your sugar levels that you notoce being affected) But feel fine now after the 2 chocolates.

The big downside to these tablets - Richard and I have had an enourmous fight. He has just been out to get a take away (which we have now and again on a sat) and I said I didnt want anything. He has just called me every name under the sun that is an alternative to stupid and I am being ridiculous. I said I would have something later but wasnt hungry atthe moment, I said I would have a banana and some toast or something. Stormed off out the house but not before telling me I was going to make myself ill, so sammed the door behind him and went to the chip shop.

Then he called me when he got there and said you have to have something so what do you want. Im nearly in tears because he's being so mean and so i am sitting here glaring at this piece of cod he's brought back for me. I dont want it! Im not hungry. I'll just be eating it for the sake of it and cos im typing on here and not eating it he keeps glaring over at me in disgust.

But I just wanted to say the tablets do work and so far the only side effect is to my relationship!!

Thanks again Sandra - im really pleased that Im off to a good start!

I just wanted to add ladies, that I am not stupid and if I felt unwell then I would eat something. If I felt I was ill because of it I would stop taking them and eat - the fact is I am overweight and my body is probably just using up all the ****** reserves around my midriff.

xxxx

Minnie Minx
23-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Lana babe i think he's got a point, you just can't survive on that amount of food, you are going to make yourself ill or at least very tired and headachy.

I know you're not daft but wanted to let you know that it is easy to fall into the not eating trap, i've been there and done it myself.

Hope you and Richard make up soon.

xxx

Tily Bud
23-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow that sound amazing Banana x

Just hope you manage to make it up with your other half later :thumbsup:

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Can you tell me more about these tablets Lana?

Are they ok to take if you are on medication for example ?

Good luck hope they continue to work

Richard is prob peeved because he does not want to eat a take away on his own ha

I do think that you need to eat a little more though - maybe something that you are allowed on a diet rather than a take away though

Angel xx

Banana
23-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Thats exactly my point Angel!!! Why couldnt I have had banana on toast or have some cereal like I also suggested! He's gone Banana's. But I am keeping the peace and I have eaten half a piece of the fish.

The tablets are a natural herbal Remedy - Sandra very kindly sent me her bottle which she did not end up using so I could try them before I go and spend the £40 on them. Its from a plant thats grown in the African desert and its called a hoodia plant (so no wondering where the name comes from then :D ). There are no know side effects and it is supposed to just fight off hunger pangs so that you simply just dont want to eat.

Did you read the BBC report... Here it is again if not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/correspondent/2947810.stm

xxx

Banana
23-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Can you tell me more about these tablets Lana?

Are they ok to take if you are on medication for example ?

Angel xx

I dont see that they would cause any problem Angel because they are a natural remedy

xx

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 09:02 PM
How much are they and how many do you have to take

Is there a link about them ?

xx

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 09:02 PM
How much are they and how many do you have to take

Is there a link about them ?

xx

wendywu
23-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Well lana they sound like they work. I had looked at them on some e bay shops as they were a lot cheaper than in holland an barrett. I think i may get some, i am sure they started at £6.00.

Whilst i do agree that eating very little can be bad for you, i dont think a few days will do any damage. It will give you a kick start and if you loose a few pounds quickly it will give you the encouragement to contine with healthy eating. :thumbsup:

As for your other half tell him when you have lost some weight you will go out and buy a very pretty but sexy baby doll nightie, JUST FOR HIM:laughing:

Keep up the good work.

Banana
23-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Dont buy off ebay!!!

They are not genuine. I have been looking into hoodia for ages trying to find out as much info as possible and the ones on ebay are a con. Hoodia is not cheap - if it was natural hoodia then they would be selling at a loss. If you research it enough like i have you will see how many people have slated the cheap products. The ones Sandra has given me are from healthy direct and the only other place I would buy them from is Holland and Barrett.

They are between £35 and £40 Angel and you take 1-2 a day. They are like a meal replacement. One thing I will say is they are foul tasting :(

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product.asp?bid=234

http://www.healthydirect.com/product/0261/d.jsf

healthy direct do the 60 capsule bottles so would be better to buy here than the 120 from holland and barrett if you wanted to see if it could work for you

xx

wendywu
23-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info Lana. Do you think i could get them cheaper in america. We are going there at Easter. I thought i might look over there, and seeing that you are having good results it:laughing: has made my mind up now. Now wheres that doughnut! only joking.

Hopscotch
23-02-2008, 09:36 PM
How many of them do you have to take a day. I did buy the ones off ebay and they made me ill i had to stop taking them as i was getting really bad headaches with them, but now that i have seen the differences in the prices no wonder i felt ill using the cheap rubbish ones.
maybe i will try some of the real ones soon.
Bev X

Mollymop
23-02-2008, 09:49 PM
You only take 2 a day, but becareful waht ones you buyas there are alot out there that are cheap/expensive and do not contain much Hoodia to make any difference to you. Search all the articles you can on Hoodia before you decide what ones to buy. Please be careful when it comes to ebay Hoodia!

Lana, You are welcome, I am glad they are working well. X

sarah707
23-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Lana, I know you are not daft and you are being sensible, but for me, just check how many calories you are eating a day and make sure it's not a crashing down from before - or you will just pile it back on when you stop taking them.

I know what you mean about not wanting fish and chips and fatty stuff though... that's how I would lose weight, I know, but it's hard to say no when it's put in front of me... then when I do say no, I get accused of not wanting what's been made for me... so I sympathise totally! :D

manjay
24-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I am very interested how you get along with these. Keep us informed

amanda xx

miss muffit
24-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Hi Me too... I am very interested how it all goes with the tablets, yes keep us informed and good luck k :) :) :)

Spangles
24-02-2008, 08:52 AM
This is really interesting Lana, I am going to see how you go and then may buy some myself.

Don't forget even though you may not be hungry you still need to eat for your vitamins and minerals though.

My hubby would be exactly the same as yours by the way!

Good luck - keep the diary up!

Twinkles
24-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Lana he's probably just worried about you. Keep up with it though and like the others said eat lots of fruit and veg, maybe when he sees you eating sensible things he will stop nagging.

angeldelight
24-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Yes keep us posted Lana I am going to see how you go

My sister is taking slimming tablets from her gp and shes lost heaps of weight im so jealous - but I hate the thought of these and the problems that they can cause
I would not be able to take them even if I wanted so these Hoodia tablets sound ideal

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Hopscotch
24-02-2008, 11:19 AM
I was prescribed a tablet called orlistat last year, it stops you from absorbing 25% of the fat from your meal, they can work but have awful side effects i won't go into them in case anyone is eating but lets just say the fat comes out the other end!!. I stopped taking them but i know they work for some people. You cannot buy these you must be presecribed by the doctor but as i am a big big girl he was happy to prescribe them for me.
My problem is mainly due to comfort eating because i suffer from depression which i am also on meds for.
But tbh i piled it on after having my son and as i had also quit smoking from a 30-40 a day habit that does not help matters so i may not be able to loose the weight but i quit smoking and did it without any patches or anything.
Bev X

crazybones
24-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I was prescribed a tablet called orlistat last year, it stops you from absorbing 25% of the fat from your meal, they can work but have awful side effects i won't go into them in case anyone is eating but lets just say the fat comes out the other end!!. I stopped taking them but i know they work for some people. You cannot buy these you must be presecribed by the doctor but as i am a big big girl he was happy to prescribe them for me.
My problem is mainly due to comfort eating because i suffer from depression which i am also on meds for.
But tbh i piled it on after having my son and as i had also quit smoking from a 30-40 a day habit that does not help matters so i may not be able to loose the weight but i quit smoking and did it without any patches or anything.
Bev X

I lost 5 stone taking Orlistat. :D Then had William and have put 2 back on. They do work but you HAVE to follow a low fat diet as the side effects are horrible. :eek:

Annie x

Twinkles
24-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm taking something from the gp called xenicol. It sounds the same sort of thing but it doesn't seem to be working...it just gives me terrible wind:blush:

crazybones
24-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Xenical and orlistat are the same thing just different brand names. I looked them up and researched loads before taking them. My prescription would say Xenical but the box from pharmacy said Orlistat so I queried it.

Annie x

oakie dokie
24-02-2008, 03:13 PM
banana this is my second day on hoodia, which type did you get?

hazelx

manjay
24-02-2008, 04:22 PM
This thread is driving me nuts!! I keep misreading it as My Hoodie Diary. Can't somehow imagine Lana wandering the streets in her Hoodie :laughing:

amanda xx

oakie dokie
24-02-2008, 04:58 PM
doctor put me on xenical, came off it , it gave me anxiety! ( if i was going to reach the loo in time!:laughing: )

hazelx

Mollymop
24-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Hows it going to today Lana?

Banana
24-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah Amanda - me and my Hoodie diary - where we went today, what we did lol, how jealous it got when I tried on another jacket :laughing:

Going well again today!!

There does seem to be a big downside to Hoodia - I am craving sugar. I have had a half a bagel today, 1/4 chicken sandwich and 6 choclate eclairs. Also an orange and some grapes. I need to just be cutting out the sweets but it does hit quite quickly with the sugar crave and so I need to be eating more fruit to help with this instead of reaching for a few sweets to sort it! Other than that I have dropped..... 3lbs. I have not had any hunger pangs in 2 days, and I just am not thinking about food at all. I have chops with mash and veg for dinner and I have to say I do not know how I am going to eat it! I could quite happily not eat until tomorrow but I do have to eat something as I know my body needs it. I am also eating from side plates for all my meals from now on as it doesnt look so daunting - what with having no appetite the sheer sight of a big plate of food is just too much! I never thought I would say that. I have wondered maybe if Its a bit of a placebo effect im having in taking these tablets but whatever it is its working and until it stops working I'll carry on!

Hazel - Sandra kindly gave me her Hoodia that she was not using and they are from healthy direct. Which ones do you have? How are you getting on?

I think TBH if it continues like this then I will have no problems in recommending Hoodia and if it costs £40 a month then its money well spent :D I have only been having 1 tablet a day so goodness knows if I took 2, I dont feel I need to so wont yet.

Angel - Meant to say I checked the box again last night and although its a natural remedy it still says to consult your doctor if you are taking any medication. SO just to be on the safe side.

Those other tablets that you get from the doctor sound awful! I saw a woman on that supersize v superskinny who had taken them and she told her story and I dont think I could put myself through it! But apprently they are VERY effective.

xxxxx

angeldelight
24-02-2008, 06:32 PM
When you say you had 6 chocolate eclairs do you mean the sweets or the cakes ? haha

Not sure if they sound so good if you are going to crave sugar all the time - I do that without them so wont that make it worse therefore defeating the object ??

Angel xx

Banana
24-02-2008, 06:37 PM
lol Angel - yeah the sweets.

The craving isnt constant. Its obviously my blood sugar being low - and because im not eating the 'right' things when it happens it wont be helping! I need to reach for the fruit bowl and not the sweets which will have the desired effect. Its just earlier I was in town and walking around the shops and needed something sweet - so again, like yesterday the quick option was to pop in the newsagents and grab some sweets. Its just getting into the routine of eating the right things when I do eat and that will stop this happening.

I will keep you all updated through the week and let you know about any more weight loss!
xx

angeldelight
24-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Good luck

Do you like chewing gum - or tic tacs they are only low and you could have them through out the day ?

You had me worried about the eclairs haha
Angel xx

Banana
24-02-2008, 06:41 PM
:laughing:

even without the hoodia I would struggle with 6 cream cakes :D Would still take the challenge though :D

xx

angeldelight
24-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh you would be sick im sure haha might help you to stop eating things like that though haha

Hope it goes ok I really want some but will wait and see what you really think

Angel xx

Spangles
24-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I thought you meant the cakes too! Ha ha!

I am dying to buy some but I'm being really strong to see how you go.

I'm really interested in reading your diary so please don't stop! If it's still going well by Thursday I think I will have to get some myself!

Spangles
24-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Is this the one you've got?

http://www.healthydirect.com/product/0261/d.jsf

oakie dokie
25-02-2008, 06:36 AM
hi lana changing the subject for a sec, your name banana come from lana? my daughters called alana and they call her alana banana.:) i bought mine from holland and barret, the only ones they had left were the hoodia mint which were £43.99 for 6 weeks supply (1000mg hoodia) i have to take 3 a day, but there are no instructions with them, just to take 1 at 9,1 and 5 o'clock, so i dont no if im to take them instead of food or what but iv normally had lunch by 1, mostly dont have breakfast. i took the first at 12 on Saturday, i had not eaten that day yet so i wasnt starving and after 10 minutes i didnt feel hungry anymore. when i got home i just had rivitas and cottage cheese and fruit, i carnt say i dont want to eat at all but they do stop you feeling hungry . i have dropped 2 pounds. i am going to use them along with doing weight watches. what strength are yours?

hazelx

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh so you can get different strength ones ?

How do you know which ones to buy ?

xxx

oakie dokie
25-02-2008, 07:50 AM
i think lana's are stronger than mine, iv tried to the strengh of the holland and barret ones but it doesnt tell you on their site.

hazelx

Banana
25-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Yes Hazel. Lana Banana - all through being little and TBH I still getr called Banana now, I dont mind, its quite an original nickname I suppose lol.

Glad you are having a positive result with your too Hazel!

I had a tabet this morning and I've had 3 ryvita with marmite at 11am and now am not hungry at all. I ate a huge amount of pineapple last night and think it must have helped with the sweet craving as so far I have not wanted anything sweet. I am going to have some more pineapple and a banana at 12.30 when the kids have lunch, just to get some nutrients into me!

Says 4lb off this morning on the scales so it can only be a good thing!

xxxxxxxx

oakie dokie
25-02-2008, 12:23 PM
not felt the need to take any yet, i will try to manage without untill i think i need one, had 2 yogurts for breakfast , having fruit for lunch too.

what strengh are yours, i think yours are stronger.

hazelx

Banana
25-02-2008, 12:35 PM
well it says Hoodia Gordonii 400mg. I dont know if thats the contents weight or how much hoodia is in the tablets?? confusing. I dont know what 400mg looks like... im terrible with weights of things???

xx

Spangles
25-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Did you see the link I put on above Lana? Are they the same as you have as they are a lot cheaper than I thought so wondering if they were the wrong ones?

Twinkles
25-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Did anyone else notice this part of the bbc hoodia report??

'The plant is said to have a feel-good almost aphrodisiac quality, and I have to say, we felt good.'

Well Lana fess up.

Banana
25-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Did anyone else notice this part of the bbc hoodia report??

'The plant is said to have a feel-good almost aphrodisiac quality, and I have to say, we felt good.'

Well Lana fess up.

Not that I have noticed so far, but that could be down to the time of the month. I'll let you know when Richard gets back thursday night :laughing:

I do feel quite good but its been because im doing well with it I think.

Lorri - The holland and barret ones are 120 capsules , The ones I have are 60 capsules, thats why the price is different because its half thhe quantity but are the same thing

xx

Spangles
25-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks Lana.

Bet you can't wait to see what happens Thursday!!!!

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I am confused

I thought the link you put on Lorri was identical to Lanas link ?

Have I missed the post where you said they were from Holland and Barrett ?

I will go back and see

xxx

manjay
25-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I went to get some today, then realised the shop in our local town is Julian Graves not Holland and Barrett :( Thought I might have been able to miraculously lose a stone before I go climbing mountains at the weekend :rolleyes:

amanda xx

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Yes your link is the same ?

xx

Spangles
25-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't see Lana's link - I'm going to have a look!

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Hahaha

xx

Spangles
25-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh yes - just testing! Ha ha! I think I should get commission from them then for putting extra adverts on this thread!

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Are you going to get some Lorri if so where are you getting them from

Where did you see the Holland and Barrett ones and how much were they ?

xxx

Spangles
25-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I've not seen the Holland & Barrett ones, the only ones I've seen are the ones I put the link on for.

I will see how Lana goes but I am so tempted to go ahead and buy them! I'm being very controlled and strong - not like my normal self at all!!!!

Have you asked if you are able to take them with your medication? I know that some herbal tablets can't be taken with certain prescribed medications - I know some even affect the performance of the contraceptive pill so they can be quite powerful.

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I am going to find out if they are safe to take first

Then see how Lana gets on

But I want some - im doing rubbish on my diet and need HELP

Angel xx

Spangles
25-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Me too! I'm not even on my diet anymore! I only last about two weeks. I'm rubbish but I will so regret it when it starts getting warmer I know I will. I'll be gutted if I don't do something soon!

I need help too, in many ways, but mainly with the diet!

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Yep me too

I do not even want to think about the warm days

I want to try and do something in March to get me going ready for April when the days get warmer

I am sooooo going to regret it if I have to be rolled up to the school

Angel xx

Banana
26-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Amanda - You can order them off holland and barrett online :) Or trial the 60 capsules from healthy direct online instead of paying out the £40 just to see if they work for you first. Then its only half the price.

Have taken my tablet for breakfast and had a cup of tea. NOt hungry and the bloated feeling I get has been gone for a couple of days. You know when you arent eating properly (e.g rubbish fatty food) and you get that horrid uncomfortble feeling - well its gone. Think my body is enjoying the fruit and small portions :D

xx

custardcream
26-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I am getting really tempted to try these, but I worry and dont want to take anything that i dont really know much about, ohhhhhhh I just dont know if I should get them or not.

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 07:36 PM
How have you done today Banana ? x

Banana
27-02-2008, 07:43 PM
really well again.

I have had

1 piece of toast (breakfast)

1 banana (lunch)
1 yoghurt

Spaghetti Bolgnese for dinner, which I am eating now. Bit later than I wanted it but only got hungry now :D

Have had a bit more of an appetite today though and have wanted to eat - just not bad stuff

So who else is getting some hoodia? How you doing Hazel?

x

angeldelight
27-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I want some ha

xx

Banana
27-02-2008, 07:57 PM
bolognese or hoodia??

I got plenty of bolognese left - going to give it to the kids for lunch tomorrow too :laughing: Well its only belle that will be having it twice but she loves it anyway :D

xx

angeldelight
27-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Both haha

I have promised some of the girls that I will start my diet again on Monday - the deal is that I will give it a month and if im still doing rubbish then I am def getting some of these tablets and NO ONE is going to stop me ha

Watch this space

Angel xx

charleyfarley
27-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I think I'm going to have to give in and buy some but I just can't make up my mind.

Are they foul tasting as I'm such a wimp when taking pills but if I lose weight it could be worth it.

I'm going to have a look at the link and maybe order some, I need to do something so this might give me a kick up the bum.

Carol xx

Spangles
27-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I've just read on a site that if you are taking medication of any kind you should consult a doctor before taking it and that if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding you must not take it.

Just thought I'd put this info on here incase it affects anyone who's thinking of using it.

oakie dokie
28-02-2008, 07:40 AM
iv not taken any for 2 days, im going to take them today, iv been really good the last 2 days , each day im going to see how i feel as to wether i take any.

hazelx

Banana
28-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Thats a good Idea Hazel. I havnt had any today so far. I have had muesli for breakfast and am not hungry so will probably see how I feel comiong up to lunch time. If I am hungry I'll take 1 and then Have a bit of scrambled egg or something else healthy.

xx

mamapink
29-02-2008, 10:34 PM
hello how is the hoodia going you have got me wanting to try it
are you also doing a a certain diet too or sticking too your normal diet just reduced amounts

was thinking of doing a do heathly 3 meals a day porriage and fruit for breakfast soup for lunch and chicken/fish jacket potato and salad for dinner and hoodia to stop the hunger i get inbetween and ban my self from lucozade which i seem to live off at the moment
how long can you take it for
and does the weight go straight back on once you stop taking it and normal appertite returns sorry if this has already been covered

good luck with it all ( i also thought it said hoodie diary at first )banana out there keeping it real !

bye pink

Twinkles
04-03-2008, 07:55 PM
How's it going Lana?
I've been taking it since Friday and it does seem to work. I'm really thirsty though did you find that you were? It may just be my cold.

LittleMissSparkles
04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Just been readin your diary Lana and wanted to say well doen you for losing weight, you are doing really well, all f your trying to lose weight are doing well, keep it up :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: xxx

Banana
04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Skipped it again today, Appetite does come back if you dont take them. Havnt had much to eat, have tried to fight off the pangs without the tablets. Will take them again tomorrow though as its easier.

Will see how i get on this week with them but so far they have been working, I do think you have to take them every day though!

Just getting a bit bored of it all cos even though im not eating as much the weight isnt coming off quickly. I really need to do excercise!! I have been looking at getting a cross trainer - Richard not impressed however and has said that before i go spending more money I should do free excercise like walking or jogging - I hate jogging and walking, when its with 2 toddlers you hardly get to go fast enough to get your heart pumping, its dawdling!!

But going to keep going cos I have a party to go to in June and I want to be in my party frock that i've been saving for special occassions

xxx

Tily Bud
08-03-2008, 04:39 PM
How's it going Lana ? Have you lost any more weight ?

Banana
10-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Im at a total of 7lbs off.

Buty havnt taken the hoodia for 4 days in a row now and its not easy to do it without them, i just cant handle the taste, they are making me heave and for about 30 mins after taking them I feel a bit *bluegh*

But I am going to get back on them. I have only had a pastry and a cup of tea today - not very healthy though :blush:

xxx

Tily Bud
10-03-2008, 01:48 PM
thats fantastic Lana ( the weightloss not the awful taste ) think i may have to get some myself x

deeb66
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Well done lana

Try to persevere with the taste....it will be worth it in the end:)

Mollymop
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Well done Lana! 7lb is very good! :clapping: :clapping:

LittleAcorns
10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
7lbs, well done you how are you feeling? xx

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Well done Lana

You have well and truly put me off the tablets if they taste that bad ha

Angel xx

jackie__1981
17-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Well done on your weight loss so far. I bought some Hoodia a while back and I do remember them been quite good. Seemed to really reduce my appetite.

Actually, after seeing this I have just emailed my ex to ask him to find them (i think I left them at his) and bring them when he collects our son on Friday.

They could be just the thing I need to get going on my diet. But yeah they are expensive, I think I paid about £60 for mine but got two big bottles.