PDA

View Full Version : Am Waiting

Pipsqueak
21-08-2009, 04:42 PM
OK the most important thing - I AM ON HOLIDAY for 2 whole weeks:clapping: :clapping:

Next thing - other child W who has officially finished we me today left about 15 minutes ago - he was collected by his cousin - therefore no payment made (and not for the first time I hasten to add - she has always paid me but I have always had to chase it up and wait for it).:angry: :angry:

I said to the cousin that when the mum comes to collect W can he ask her to come over to mine as I have some paperwork for her to sign (that is the truth). He said he'd tell her.

Now this mum owes me 3 weeks money - W has been on hols the last 2 weeks for which I invoiced his mum before he went away - didn't chase up the money because I thought I'd have a lump sum to go away with including this weeks money.
As far as this mum is aware I am leaving tonight (I'm not now - plans have changed to me leaving tomorrow) at 6.

Beginning of this week I text her 3 times to remind her of the final invoice, I even reminded her last night when she collected to which she more or less ignored. During those texts (another thing that has irked me) I told her about our outing yesterday and to supply spare clothes and some spends - he arrived with nothing. Now I know she got the texts because I attach a read receipt thingy and by her manner yesterday - 'which park are you going to' - she would only know we are goign to a park because of my texts!!!!:angry:

So far no thank you, no goodbye- no nothing!!!!

I am going to text her at 6 if she hasn't contacted me or arrived and tell her I need my money by 7 at the latest and if nothing is forthcoming I will be adding late fees and contacting NCMA monday morning...

I need this money for my holiday or we ain't going.....

Bananabrain
21-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Gosh Pip,that is so rubbish.

Have been in a similar situation though and all I can say is 'hold tight'. All is not lost, you still may get your money.

Let us know what happens.

fionamal
21-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I really feel for you and hope she comes and pays you.

Im still waiting for 2 weeks money from a parent that left me in June so its now in the hands of the SCMA solicitors as shes not answering my calls or texts.

This job would be so much easier if it wasnt for the parents.

Hope you have a lovely holiday/ time off

breezy
21-08-2009, 04:49 PM
why oh why do they do this?:angry: :angry: :angry:

hope she coughs up and VERY soon x

Minstrel
21-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Seems to me she sent the cousin to collect so she could get out of paying.

Good for you for getting on her back about it and dont let it go!

Hope you get it! xx

~Chelle~
21-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I would seriously consider going round her house cos she is taking the :censored: If you dont hear from her, take all the paperwork with you and say that you need her to sign it for legal reasons and that you also need money that is owed. If she refuses to pay her i would threaten late fees and ncma too.

Cheeky mare and on his last day too, she cant come and pick him up and say thank you for caring for him!! I would be sooooo mad:angry:

Hope you get your money sorted, let us know how you get on. x

Pipsqueak
21-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I'll be knocking on her door a bit later if she doesn't!

This is stark contrast to my other mum who came in tonight with a bucket and spade for me and full of joys that I was taking a holiday. She gave me my money and then asked how I wanted her to pay me for the next two weeks - I looked blank and she said shall I put it in your bank account? I got what she meant and laughed and said you haven't read the contract have you - her turn to look blank.... daft moo thought she had to pay me for my holidays (its not in the contract) lol Bless her heart. She has asked me to go down to her housewarming when I get back though:D

Pipsqueak
21-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Now I am worried I have tried sending texts to her numbers and its coming back as failed.
She did text me yesterday and I noticed it was a different number to what I have got but it came up as her name (think she may have bought one of them throw away sims.)....
thats the only numbers I have for her....
(I know where she lives though)

breezy
21-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Phone one of the emergency contacts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is an emergency

Pipsqueak
21-08-2009, 05:09 PM
just tried ringing the numbers - both of them are non- existent!:angry:

going to nip over to the grandparents (they live just over the road) and just remind them to get her to pop over

breezy
21-08-2009, 05:10 PM
take your boxing gloves

zillervalley
21-08-2009, 05:13 PM
yeah pip go to grandparents, they might cough up for you out of embarssment(do you think)?

hope you get sorted

ziller

~Chelle~
21-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Hmmmmm sounds deliberate doesnt it.

I hate parents like this :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hope you get your money x

Jules27
21-08-2009, 05:20 PM
oh that is just not on!!! Looks as though she is trying to do a runner. As said previously - take the boxing gloves. just hope you can get it sorted hun xx

Tired
21-08-2009, 05:22 PM
oh poor you, i cant believe anyone would act this way. (well, actually, I can, which is a shame)

do you think these parents (not yours in particular, just these types in general) run their whole lives like this, or is it just us CM they try to rip off?

stand up for yourself, you are owed the money, make sure you get it!

Pipsqueak
21-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Panic over - I had gone outside to the car and I saw her down the street. Think she was trying to avoid me but I shouted her attention and said about popping over.
She has just come in couple of minutes ago - and she said that she had forgotten to come over and pay me....:mad:

Just gone but no thanks.... nothing but I have been paid

carebear25
21-08-2009, 05:27 PM
brush it over yr shoulder and go an have a good holiday xx

Hebs
21-08-2009, 05:28 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

glad you've been paid

Bananabrain
21-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Great news, now forget that you ever had the brilliant notion of becoming a childminder and go, enjoy your holiday.:laughing:

Do not, I repeat,do not, do like I have done and spend precious time in your two weeks catching up with the god forsaken paperwork!

zillervalley
21-08-2009, 05:43 PM
so pleased you have got sorted out pip, have a brill time on your hols, and if you do have a meet up with others while you are away enjoy that too

ziller

Twinkles
Oh phew Pip , I was ready to come and sort her out for you ;) She doesn't know what a lucky escape she had :laughing:

Daftbat
Glad you got your money - just a shame you had to go through the stress beforehand. Have a lovely holiday - we have just got back and wish i were going away again!!!!

emler
21-08-2009, 05:44 PM
phew - really pleased to hear you got your money. Now you can enjoy your holiday :clapping:

Minstrel
21-08-2009, 05:47 PM
So glad you got your money! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

~Chelle~
21-08-2009, 06:15 PM
woop woop :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mummyroysof3
21-08-2009, 06:24 PM
glad yu got payed, have a lovely holiday

charlotte x

breezy
21-08-2009, 08:17 PM