PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

icklesmudge
21-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kelly and i am just starting out. I have my forms all sent and have my 1st Ofsted inspection on Thursday.

I would be so grateful if anyone could give me any tips and let me know what i might expect from my initial visit, i'm really scared lol.

Nice to meet you all

Kelly x

Twinkles
21-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Hello and welcome. There are lots of clever people on here who will be able to help. Sadly I'm not one of them :panic:

Have a good look around the forum you may find the answer to most of your questions. :thumbsup:

Daftbat
21-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Its been a while since i registered and things have changed a lot but there will be others along to help. Don't worry about it though as i am sure that you will be fine. Remember, Ofsted are there to ask and advise as well as inspect.

Pipsqueak
21-08-2009, 06:48 PM
hello hello hello to you too:D

Playmate
21-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Hiya and welcome

My advise would just be yourself.

zillervalley
21-08-2009, 08:13 PM
hi and welcome to the forum

looking forward to your posts

ziller

Forum Widower
21-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Hello and welcome - i am the token man on here, although i hear there is another trying to rain on my parade - anyhow i'm sure you'll find this a very welcoming and helpful place, the ladies (including my wife Blaze) behave themselves (most of the time anyway :rolleyes: ) and you will probably find them to be some of the most helpful and encouraging people you've ever come across, i certainly know my wife holds them in very high regard and has managed to forge good friendships with a great deal of them.

:thumbsup:

FW

carlen222
21-08-2009, 08:42 PM
hi kelly, i got registered this week!!! :laughing: i sent off my application in march, so seems like its taken an eternity!!!

i am north of the border to you so i deal with the care commission not ofsted but i imagine the inspections will be similar??

anyway, for my first inspection my officer stayed for an hour or 2, she wanted to know why i wanted to do childminding and to tell her a bit about what experience etc i have.

i had all my policies made up prior to inspeciton and sent them off with my application form, another girl that was applying at the same time as me only sent off her policies recently so shes still a while off from registration so id make sure you have all your policies ready :)

i never had any of my baby toys etc out when she came and never had fire blanket or first aid kits but i told her i have the toys in storage and that i was going to purchase the other items so she was just happy that i had considered these things. she went through cupboards etc and asked what rooms id be using for minding. hope this helps!!! oh and GOOD LUCK!!! xx

duran
21-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum x