PDA

View Full Version : Health and Safety....

cherry
21-08-2009, 10:37 AM
gone a bit mad!

I've just been to my local library who kindly donate hardback childrens book to our Mums & Tots when they get a bit tatty or old. (most of them are almost perfect)

I was told that they aren't allowed to do that anymore due to health and safety, other children have been sucking the books.

So, do they clean everybook that gets returned to the library.

(I always clean the books with antibactirial wipes before giving them to the children.)

These books get spread out over 3 Mother and Toddler groups who are very gratefull.

I'm gobsmacked, what will happen to these books, will they just get thrown away?

The worlds gone mad :angry:

LittleAcorns
21-08-2009, 10:45 AM
OMG talk about cotton wool sydrome....what next? no children under 10years in the library due to excessive slobber!!!

kids are getting a more and more allergies because they are not aloud to be kids!!! get them in that garden all snot faced digging for worms :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mummyroysof3
21-08-2009, 10:49 AM
thats just daft:laughing:

charlotte x

nikim
21-08-2009, 10:52 AM
omg ive heard it all now :eek: i too would be interested to know how they prevented the spreading of germs when books are returned :laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
21-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I would have to find out whos made the daft decision and email them asking if they would reconsider. Try to get a contact from the ladies in the library, I hate to think what they will do with them now. Our library usually sells them for 10p.

ZoeAlli
21-08-2009, 11:54 AM
They will probably just chuck them away- mmm that would be good for the environment wouldn't it?!!!
Sorry, I think it is a shame when things like this happen, we have become such a wasteful nation, good things getting thrown out because they are one day (not even that sometimes) out-of-date, or there is a supposed risk to health. When as already pointed out those books are there to be borrowed and don't know who they are going out to. What is the difference between that and giving them to a toddler group! there is no more risk. next they'll be banning all toys at communal places (nurseries,toddler groups), due to risk of infections etc- after all this is the same as borrowing books, they are used by lots of children!!