PDA

View Full Version : anyone have scatty parents?

sweets
21-08-2009, 09:16 AM
i should be mad with her really i know, but this particular parent is so scatty and disorganised! she makes me laugh! I have her DD 2 days a week, she is my only mindee through the hols so we are being flexible about days and times as mum doesn't work (supposedly looking for a job!) She usually brings LO about 9.30-10.00 or sometimes i pick her up if i want to go out. Well this morn my phone went at 9.55, i knew it would be her! first thing she said was
"i'm sorry i'm so stupid" so i laughed and said why what have you done? she then when on to say that she had forgot to tell me that LO wasn't coming as she had a friend over to stay! so ive got an unexpected day off! hooray as got loads to do.
Things will have to change in sept when term time mindee is back and we are going to toddler groups in the mornings, so will have to have a word about her timings! lol

FizzysFriends
21-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't have an scatty parents, but I am one sometimes, does that count :laughing:

angeldelight
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Well what a bonus for you

You could come and help me with screamer instead if you like - I mean you thought you were working so I dont think you should get out of it that easy

Plus you need to make it up to me dont you think ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't have an scatty parents, but I am one sometimes, does that count :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

sweets
21-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Well what a bonus for you

You could come and help me with screamer instead if you like - I mean you thought you were working so I dont think you should get out of it that easy

Plus you need to make it up to me dont you think ?

Angel xx

Bring screamer to me I WILL SORT THEM OUT (she says rolling her sleeves up)

:panic: not really:panic:
had one before, only 2 days a week and on those nights i was in bed for 9pm Nakered! lol.

Mouse
21-08-2009, 09:39 AM
One of my mums is really scatty, but like you say, it makes me laugh even though it should probably drive me mad!

She gives me her hours a month in advance, then I have to remind her when she's told me she's working. She'll often phone me the night before to ask if I'm having them the next day!

Her DD goes to nursery & I have to keep a copy of all the newsletters so I can remind her when there's anything happening, when it's an inset day etc. She admits she'd be lost without me!

But she's so lovely & the kids are so lovely that I overlook it :rolleyes:

ZoeAlli
21-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Thankfully the parents I have at the moment are quite well organised! I have had one in the past who was a little scatty, but was really nice!!

nikim
21-08-2009, 10:15 AM
i have one of those , her children have been coming for 2 years and she is still as bad now as she was at the beginning :rolleyes: , but i have to laugh about it otherwise i think i would go mad , for the last 2 years she has had a contract that says i will have them from 8.30am once a week , and she has yet to arrive at 8.30 sometimes its as late as 10.30 :eek: , but she knows my routine and where to find me , funny thing is every time we do a contract review i suggest that she changes the drop off time , but she always says no i will try to be with you for 8.30 next week , the thing is she works 1/2 hour away so what her bosses must think i dont know :panic: , she blames her scattiness on her job shes a nurse and she assesses people with dementia problems :eek:

buildingblocks
21-08-2009, 11:55 AM
One of my mums is really scatty, but like you say, it makes me laugh even though it should probably drive me mad! She gives me her hours a month in advance, then I have to remind her when she's told me she's working. She'll often phone me the night before to ask if I'm having them the next day! Her DD goes to nursery & I have to keep a copy of all the newsletters so I can remind her when there's anything happening, when it's an inset day etc. She admits she'd be lost without me!But she's so lovely & the kids are so lovely that I overlook it :rolleyes:

This sounds like one of my old parents. She once rung me up to ask if I knew when the children went back to school (I still have one of these luckily one of my friends children goes to same school so I just check with her),

If it was her horses she would never forget but the children that was a different matter. She used to work late shifts and pick the children up from meat 10.30. One week when she had been working long hours (A&E nurse) and she was late picking up I text to heck all was okay and she replied she forgot girls were with me she thought they were at Aunties and she was almost home she came straight away for them.

Any other parent I don't know how I would have coped but I had known her 12 years by this point so I knew what she was like

Hebs
21-08-2009, 01:22 PM
my full time mindee's mum forgot to go to work one day :rolleyes: :panic: :laughing:

ruby
21-08-2009, 01:52 PM
i have one

she mentioned couple of months ago that her son was not eating his tea at home had to remind her that he has his tea with me and has done for the last 5 years.:laughing:
Cathy

sweets
21-08-2009, 01:53 PM
i have one

she mentioned couple of months ago that her son was not eating his tea at home had to remind her that he has his tea with me and has done for the last 5 years.:laughing:
Cathy

oh thats funny!:laughing: