PDA

View Full Version : Please help daily diary - dont know what to give

jessie1
20-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi

I have a 13 month old that just started with me on Tuesday and she is cominh tomorrow again from 8am-2pm.
I have a daily diary like the charlie & lola ones but that is it. what else must I give parent.

Also I have a 4 year old starting school in September what must I get ready for her as well. Please I have no idea where to start.

Thanks all advice greatly appreciated

jessie1
20-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Anyone please?

sarah707
20-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Not sure what you mean...?

I give parents a daily diary which is a hard back bound book. It has details like on your C & L sheet, but it's in book form as I found parents weren't bothering with sheets and they were just left in bags.

My book has a bit at the front about how I welcome parent's comments.

At the end of the month I do a newsletter - it goes out tagged onto the bills so there's no excuse for not seeing it.

Apart from that, I have each child's learning journeys that I share with parents every few months.

Does that help? :D

jessie1
20-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi sarah

Thanks for your reply, ok I have a daily diary book as well similar to the ones that were shared before on the daily diary thread.

The learning journeys do we keep that with us and then just occasionally share with parents?
I just thought that there were more things that they had to see daily. I know that any incidents or that need to be noted and signed for when they pick the kids up.