PDA

View Full Version : House moving help!

clorogue
20-08-2009, 11:07 AM
This has all happened out of the blue - we looked to extend (about 3 weeks ago), not worth it for what we could get. Went into estate agents, put an offer in on a house in a lovely area - said I was selling and where I was and to cut a long story short the lady whom we are buying from is buying our bungalow as she loves it - it is moving quickly! How unreal is that - this sort of thing doesn't happen to us! On top of that in the middle of it went away on holiday, just having got all the offers through on the Friday before and now straight into solicitors/mortgages etc. I obviously have to notify ofsted and send a risk assessment in. Can you tell me how long it takes for the certificate to be sent out registered to the new address. Obviously I can't tell them for definite now as the surveys etc have to be done, but on exchange should I do this and will it be sent out on time. Am I allowed to operate without the new certificate with the new address on in my hand (I don't think so). Saying that I can't afford not to work or I don't want to let the parents down.

Appreciate any advice!

:)

RainbowMum
20-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I sent my letter and risk assesment on the friday we exchanged stating that we were moving on the following friday and that I hoped to be able to wrok from the next tuesday. Certificate didn't come on the Monday so i had to cancel the tuesday parents but it came on that tuesday. No you are not allowed to work without your certificate but I'm sure one member on here said recently Ofsted e-mailed them a copy?

nannymcflea
20-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi there, good luck for a quick move...we have been going through the process for 12 weeks now, was hoping to move on September 1st for kids going back to school but this isn't going to happen!(only 2 parties in the chain!)

I'm going to wait until I get into the new house now before I send in a RA for the new house, I finish cm on the 28th Aug at this house so no income from my side for a few weeks...typical.

If you get a definate moving date then email a letter and RA to OFSTED with your signature on it so you can get things moving.

Good luck.:D

zillervalley
20-08-2009, 01:33 PM
hi

good luck in your move, sorry i canrthelp with the question about ofsted, when i moved it was under the boriugh, hope you get sorted

ziller

clorogue
20-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Thank you so much everyone!

I am moving locally so under the same borough, I just want to be up and running straight away (with a week off).

rickysmiths
20-08-2009, 02:34 PM
You can ask them to email a copy of the cert so you have one in your hand before the one arrives in the post. They will also agreee on the phone that if you have the emailed one you are covered.