PDA

View Full Version : Lots of lovely Firemen!

mumof4
19-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Today my daughter made some cheese on toast and set the oven on fire! I have no idea how she managed it. Opened the oven door to find very scary flames:eek: , ok i thought, done my fire training, get the fire blanket out, put out fire. Opened oven door again and changed my mind...real life not like putting that chip pan out with a fire fighter next to you so phoned 999. Got all the kids out and calmly waited:cool: Very nice firemen came along to find fire already out!!! shutting the oven door and leaving it put it out.
Still made the kids day and mine tooooo:)

Tatjana
19-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh dear, as long as you're all ok, is your oven alright too?

I had a chip pan fire and I had calamari in the oven, after the firemen had been and sorted it all out one said " Your onion rings are done love" I didn't feel like telling him it was actually calamari :blush:

xx

ORKSIE
19-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Had to laff at both of your stories,,,,,,,,but so glad your ok.:laughing: :laughing:

zillervalley
19-08-2009, 10:28 PM
so glad you are ok, i have a big phobia about fire engines and fire men. i just pray i never have a fire

ziller

ORKSIE
19-08-2009, 10:37 PM
so glad you are ok, i have a big phobia about fire engines and fire men. i just pray i never have a fire

ziller

Me neither:panic:

twiggy
20-08-2009, 07:51 AM
My top oven caught fire a few years ago when I was cooking bacon. I was stood trying to flap the flames which were burning the worktop. My husband calmly walked over turned the cooker off and shut the cooker door which put the fire out. I did get a nice new cooker on the insurance (to replace the horrible built in oven that the previous house owner had left)

ZoeAlli
20-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm glad you are all ok! Did you ask for a look round the engine while they were there? Did you take any photos (for the children's learning journals!!)?

mumof4
20-08-2009, 03:16 PM
We had been for a visit to the the station just a couple of weeks ago, so maybe I could say I was extending the activity??:laughing: I didnt take photos, wish i had but i was too busy being embarressed at lack of actual fire:o

TheBTeam
20-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Glad it wasn't serious!

Twinkles
20-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Hmm firemen you say ? I'm just off to make some cheese on toast :D

LOOPYLISA
20-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Hmm firemen you say ? I'm just off to make some cheese on toast :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cazz
20-08-2009, 11:18 PM