PDA

View Full Version : help!

angiemog
19-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I have just started looking after a 2 year old girl. Yesterday I also had a 9 month old baby. I found the 2 year old really hard work. She only played with each toy/activity for no longer that 5 mins each. She didn't want the baby near her/touching her or whatever she was playing with but also wanted my attention the whole time. Any ideas with what to do? I only had her for 2 hours. I'm thinking in the future when I have her for a whole day I will take her to a toddler group. My only worry is in a few weeks I will have an 8 month old and 16 month old at the same time with the 2 year old. Luckily it is only for one day a week. I just felt really bad for not spending much time with the baby. Already I'm having second thoughts.......... Any advice??? Thank you!

Tatjana
19-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Might be that she's just adjusting to you and her new environment, she may have seen the baby as a threat to attention being taken away from her as she's still a little insecure.

I bet she will settle down very soon and you'll also get to know her :)

xx

miffy
19-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Have you talked to mum about the kinds of things she likes doing at home.

She is probably flitting from thing to thing more quickly than usual because it is all new to her and she wants to investigate everything.

Some ideas from mum might help you for now but as she settles and you get to know her you'll find it easier to engage her in activities

Miffy xx