PDA

View Full Version : Implementing EYFS

Cammie Doodle
23-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Carolyn and I have received letters telling us to familarise ouselves with the framework and start to introduce this into our daily practise!!!! We are also to start evaluating our practise within the EYFS to identify areas that we feel need further develpoment and include them in our future planning!!!!!!!!!!!
A big ask considering we have had no training etc. The only things we know is what we have learnt on here :rolleyes: Aaaaaaaaaaagghhhhhhhhhhh!

sarah707
23-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Gosh! I can imagine how that might be a little alarming... who was the letter from?

Cammie Doodle
23-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Wocestershire County Council. :rolleyes:

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Crikey hope I dont get a letter ha

xx

Spangles
23-02-2008, 11:27 AM
You're bound to be offered training on it though, we've still got a while to go.

I know that our EYFS training here was mandatory and we've got some more on the way too, thank goodness!

sarah707
23-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Worcester did some really good material for Birth to 3... I was just browsing and saw this for efys...

Might be useful... the doc at the bottom :D

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/home/tourism/wcc-edu-eycs-birthtothree

Cammie Doodle
23-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Barbara Skilton she is 0- 3 co-ordinator here and is really good. She came to visit Carolyn and I and gave us a Titchy Tub (2 lidded tubs on a stand that can be used for sand water etc) and we were able to keep this (as long as we wrote an article about it saying how good/ bad it was etc.)
I hope she does not moved in the change over to EYFS.

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 11:37 AM
That sounds great June

We get nothing like that here

xxx

Cammie Doodle
23-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh Go on Angel you know you would really like a letter like that :laughing:

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 11:44 AM
haha yeah right

xx

Cammie Doodle
23-02-2008, 11:47 AM
We also got £100 each last year to buy some resources . Carolyn and I got some really good outdoor toys in the sale so it was doubly good for us I got little tykes car, little tykes gym/ slide and little tykes picnic talbe and bench and all I put to it was about £20 . Carolyn got car, wobble board and a tunnel she only had to pay about £9 so we were happy bunnies.
Just wish the training was better organised, but Im sure the forum will help.

Tily Bud
23-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Ive not had a letter like that thank goodness :eek:

Thanks for the link Sarah x

miffy
23-02-2008, 08:38 PM
We also got £100 each last year to buy some resources . Carolyn and I got some really good outdoor toys in the sale so it was doubly good for us I got little tykes car, little tykes gym/ slide and little tykes picnic talbe and bench and all I put to it was about £20 . Carolyn got car, wobble board and a tunnel she only had to pay about £9 so we were happy bunnies.
Just wish the training was better organised, but Im sure the forum will help.

I think I'm moving nearer to you we get nothing round here like that -I'd love £100 to buy some toys!

Hopefully I won't get a letter either :laughing:

Thanks for the link sarah I'll have a look later

miffy xx

lindylou
23-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Surely they can not expect you to implement eyfs until you have had training
Linxx

Cammie Doodle
24-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Who knows, but will ring them Monday morning 1st thing.

Mollymop
24-02-2008, 05:26 PM
My EYFS training is in March and April, thank goodness as I am really going to need the knowledge

Monkey1
24-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Think i'm going to have to wait for september as the days that they have arranged here are when i'm away!

Tatia
24-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I feel so lucky to live where I do. Our local Early Years team is wonderful. We have great training oppurtinities and tons of support from the whole team as well as our network coordinators (who are now being asked to visit non-network childminders just to get them ready for EYFS). I'm feeling really comfortable and excited with and about the changes, thanks to them.

Cammie Doodle
15-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Well we have been on 2 evening courses regarding EYFS :) It was ok, but did not really learn anymore than we have gleaned from the Forum, but we have had a cheque for £40 each for attending :clapping: Good old Worcestershire County Council (think they may have had some budget left over) June and Carolyn