PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Insurance

Joannechildmind
19-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I have just had my NCMA Insurance renewal through and its £48.00 for NCMA membership and £23 for liability insurance. I have always been a member before but this year im struggling to pay for everything and have enough left to pay all the bills etc. So not sure what to do and what my other options are?

Thanks in advance

Jo

Minstrel
19-08-2009, 04:38 PM
The other insurance company is Morton Michel and I believe their policy costs around £40 but no membership to pay for.

sarah707
19-08-2009, 04:56 PM
MM is £40 - that's for insurance, online creative magazine, monthly emailed newsletters about happenings in the child care world and a club.

They also have paperwork for sale and it's very professionally put together :D

rickysmiths
19-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I have always been with NCMA. They represent the interests of the childminder. They got the propossed increase in Ofted fees stopped. They are continually working to get our lot improved so to speak.

Their insurance is a lot cheaper than MM and NCMA give you the choice to buy Employees Insurance MM don't it is included in their premium.

Paperwork wise MM is a little more expensive.

MM is purely an Insurance company with no interest in Childminding as such.

Joannechildmind
25-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Have decided to stay with NCMA and just piad the £71.00 a weeks wages for me :(
Holiday next week no pay :(

Ho hum remind me why we do this job again?

Pipsqueak
25-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Aren't NCMA going to bring in direct debit/monthly payments at some point?

newandlearning
25-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I've just renewed too with NCMA .. I'm still new and feel more protected with them.. haven't had time to investigate MM much mind so have just gone with them as then can keep paperwork same..

got a lump in my throat when I paid and seemed a bit much.. wot to do .. sometimes its not always easy to know ay..on holiday this week and just going to the park alot instead of exotic stuff.. :rolleyes:

Joannechildmind
25-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Aren't NCMA going to bring in direct debit/monthly payments at some point?

I hope so it would be sooo much easier.

Daftbat
25-08-2009, 07:29 PM
NCMA insurance is only cheaper because its subsidised by the membership fee. I used to be NCMA but have changed because i can't justify the cost to me. I have drawn up my own contracts (easier when you have been doing it for a long time) and other paperwork. It took a while but once its done thats it.

I weighed up the legal support etc and magazines but when i considered the cost of contracts etc as well as the membership fees i thought it wasn't for me anymore. I am happy going through the small claims court if i have to on my own.

For new minders though i think NCMA is a good idea - the paperwork is very good.