PDA

View Full Version : How Long?

Dippy bird
19-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi All - I had my pre-reg visit yesterday, sent off my medical form and fee straight after.How long does it normally take after that to get registered? Looking at some of your posts,it seems like forever! It seems that the CRB checks take the longest?

OoopsyDaisy
19-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey!

Well if you go from my response, it ain't looking good! I had my pre reg visit at the beginning of June, CRB sent off that day went with OFSTED lady and I am still waiting for mine! I have been calling the Criminal Records Bureau everyday as OFSTED informed me to do so, think they got fed up of me, and I was told on Friday that it had been completed but I'm still waiting by the letterbox.

With your CRB, after the police have had it for 60 days (I believe) it is then against the law! And they HAVE to investigate it and your checks become priority.

As for your certificate, I was told by OFSTED that it would be a matter of days but I think the reality is it is more like weeks even months! Its shocking!:panic:

I started this whole thing back in December and i'm still without work!

You will get there though, atleast thats what I keep telling myself! Best of Luck. :laughing:

Dippy bird
19-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for that,am guessing a September start is completely out of the question then.

Bendy
20-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I chased up my husbands CRB today and was told to keep tracking it on line. I've been doing that for two weeks now and nothings changed. I was hoping to start minding my friends child on 1st September when she returns to work after maternity leave. Looks like I might have to look after her daughter at her house until I'm registered. Not ideal as I have two of my own and the school run to look forward to on 3rd September. Will probably have to rely on my mum to help out again. :littleangel:

Sue2000
20-08-2009, 12:58 PM
yep all this does take some time. but are you all worried that you can't mind children till you get the certificate ? coz i think if ofsted tells you that you are have passes their first visit, then you get somekind of temp certificate and you are still allowed to take in children in your care. thats what i did 9 years ago - check it with ofsted.

Adiamond
20-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi, I had my pre-reg in Feb and finally got registered middle of May !!!
Hope your's is quicker x x x