PDA

View Full Version : Help, my mindee keeps telling my daugther to stopt alking!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
19-08-2009, 07:42 AM
I have a mindee that is 3 1/2 and a 3 and 1/2yr old daughter. Everytime my daughter speaks the mindee tells her to stop talking!

I have told the mindee that its not kind to tell someone to stop talking, but she just ignores me and keeps doing it.:(

My daughter is a bit sensitive and is begining toget abit upset by this. How else can i explain to the 3 yr old that you dont tell someone to stop talking everytime they open their mouth!!

Thanks for your help

Pipsqueak
19-08-2009, 07:47 AM
be consistent with the mindee - tell her that people are allowed their turn to speak and its not kind. then give your daughter the attention when she is speaking. at 3.5yrs old I would keep it short and simple.
sounds to me like a learned behaviour - perhaps this has been said/done to her. does she boss her parent(s) like that?

do lots of manners and turn taking stuff, lots of praise when she has waited her turn etc...

angeldelight
19-08-2009, 07:49 AM
She is only young and maybe her own parents tell her to stop talking shes obviously picked this up from somewhere

Distract - dont make a big thing of it - talk to them both and encourage them both to speak and take it in turns and listen to each other but also distract with other things the more you mention it the more likely she will continue to say it

Angel xx

Zoomie
19-08-2009, 07:51 AM
LOL I wonder where mindee has learnt that ?

I would try and steer the episodes into something on the lines of 'wait i am talking now, and you can talk when i have finished / its your turn'.

Easier said than done. My DD is 21 months and has started to realise that DS2 (8) is 'naughty' and she recognises his behaviour and tells him 'go bed' when he is getting over excited :rolleyes: .

nannymcflea
19-08-2009, 11:15 AM
It is hard when they are young and have picked up some habits we rather they didn't have.

I'd just try and be consistent, perhaps asking each a question in turn and listening yourself,saying "did you hear what X said, what do you think Y" and giving them each a turn in talking,praising for listening and taking turns.

If she doesn't stop or your lo gets really upset you may have to gently say to X that Y is upset and sad and we need to be nice and listen when she is talking.

Good luck.