PDA

View Full Version : I have a potential mindee coming round

LittleAcorns
19-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Now I know Ive been doing this minding melarky for a while now BUT Im quite nervous! the mum sounds lovely, she got my number from an existing mindees neighbour!

she had already booked to see 2 other childminders which she was seeing yesterday

here a question I want to text her to confirm our meeting today, how should I word it so I dont sound pushy?

miffy
19-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Good luck - it's nice when they come on a personal recommendation so fingers crossed.

I'm rubbish with texting so won't advise there but not sure why you want to text her anyway?

Miffy xx

sarah707
19-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Not sure what words you would use...

Just to confirm our meeting for xxx, looking forward to meeting you and child's name. Any problems let me know...

Something like that is light and airy isn't it?

Good luck! :D

childmind04
19-08-2009, 06:54 AM
:thumbsup: Good luck, hope all goes well, i try to ring if i have numbers and just say that i am just checking everything is ok for our chat, always put it over that i know how things can crop up when children are involved etc

tinkerbelle
19-08-2009, 07:25 AM
i have a potential mindee coming tonight mum left a message on my answer phone when i was away another minder told me she had called her as well (mum rang 63 other minders in area no one could do it )and it was only for 2 hours a week
i rang mum to tell her i couldnt do it and found out its for 55 hours a week not turning that down other minder is spitting feathers that she turned her down as its actually full time :clapping:

angeldelight
19-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Good luck hope it goes ok Louise

Angel xx

LittleAcorns
19-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys

all went very well and 9 month old baby girl is starting with me in September, 4 days a week, mum and baby both lovely X

anneriddington
19-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Fantastic news, its lovely when someone recommends you, make the job worthwhile.:)

I have a new little one starting full time next week he had been booked to go to the local day nursery until his mum spoke to a friend of a friend etc who said speak to me first. Hope everyone else is filling their spaces:)