PDA

View Full Version : taxi licence????

cherry pink
18-08-2009, 08:25 PM
sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but just seen on facebok that childminders who use a car for childminding may need a taxi licence.. anyone else heard anything to corroborate this ?????

Minstrel
18-08-2009, 08:28 PM
no because you are not charging for the fare

miffy
18-08-2009, 08:30 PM
no because you are not charging for the fare

I'd agree with that!

Miffy xx

sweets
18-08-2009, 08:32 PM
we could try it! do you think the passengers would pay?:laughing:

zillervalley
18-08-2009, 08:34 PM
never heard of that before, cant see it been right

ziller

miffy
18-08-2009, 08:34 PM
we could try it! do you think the passengers would pay?:laughing:

Maybe in snot or sweets!

Miffy xx

miss mopple
18-08-2009, 08:35 PM
There was a big hoo ha about it a while ago and basically as long as you have class 1 business cover you are ok. I checked it out with my network co ordinator, ofsted, and various insurance companies and they all said the same.

cherry pink
18-08-2009, 08:44 PM
was hoping it wasn't right but knowing ofsted and the government nothing would surprirse me....

totally agree with the snot and sweets lol

TheBTeam
18-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I was told that you do not need a taxi licence if you do not charge for specific journeys in your car, ie you only charge an hourly rate to care for the child, and not additionally for every journey that you drive the child on.

For this reason if i wish to cover my driving costs, as in picking up a child from nursery etc I up my hourly rate rather than charge an additional amount for the journey, which is how i was told to do it rather than cause 'private hire' issues with my insurance.

youarewhatyoueat
18-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Totally agree with everyone I seem to remember it was a certain car insurance company that sells to childminders that said this was the case. But if you include all mileage costs in your rate your fine.

sue
18-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Maybe in snot or sweets!

Miffy xx

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

sweets
18-08-2009, 09:02 PM
i'l take the sweets,but not if they have been chewed and dribbled on first!:panic:

Daddy Day Care
18-08-2009, 09:05 PM
lol cherry I just came on here to ask the same question, after reading the same thing on facebook as you

Zoomie
18-08-2009, 09:11 PM
something was just mentioned in the bbc 10 o'clock news

just waiting for it to come on

cherry pink
18-08-2009, 09:15 PM
lol cherry I just came on here to ask the same question, after reading the same thing on facebook as you

hi hun how are you??? weather ok for you today ??? lol

Daddy Day Care
18-08-2009, 09:17 PM
im good thx u?.....yeah weather was fine today i havent left the house lol.

Not going to moan about the weather no more anyway, only get ganged up on.

Suppose to be reaching 29 tomorrow and I ahve tpo leave the house :(

cherry pink
18-08-2009, 09:17 PM
something was just mentioned in the bbc 10 o'clock news

just waiting for it to come on

oh darn will miss it dd watching c.s.i. new york.......ok so am i eddie cahill mmmm yum yum :D

let us know what they say thanx

cherry pink
18-08-2009, 09:19 PM
im good thx u?.....yeah weather was fine today i havent left the house lol.

Not going to moan about the weather no more anyway, only get ganged up on.

Suppose to be reaching 29 tomorrow and I ahve tpo leave the house :(

aww you know we love you really.....hope you're going somewhere nice...

sweets
18-08-2009, 09:29 PM
didn't say anything on the news unless it was at the beginning as i missed first 10 mins.

Daddy Day Care
18-08-2009, 09:30 PM
its on bbc news now

Daddy Day Care
18-08-2009, 09:31 PM
local news

Just caught the end of it so dont knows whats happening, some taxi firm have complained about something

sweets
18-08-2009, 09:31 PM
its on bbc news now

Not on mine! must be your local news.

miss muffit
18-08-2009, 09:42 PM
local news

Just caught the end of it so dont knows whats happening, some taxi firm have complained about something

A taxi firm is moaning saying a couple who childmind in rushdon for the last 14 yrs, should have a taxi licence
What ever next?!!!! :angry:

andreaschildcare
19-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Those childminders live up my road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So yes I was aware about it as they got a knock from the council.

cherry pink
19-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Those childminders live up my road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So yes I was aware about it as they got a knock from the council.

oh for heavens sake, what did the council say to them andrea?? perhaps the government and council would like us all to give up and end up on the dole and become a burden on the state.

i wish people would leave us cm's alone to get on with a job which we thoroughly enjoy and are very good at. they ought to open their eyes and see that there is a demand for home from home care not just a nursery regime.

tammerisk
19-08-2009, 07:39 AM
i saw it on the local news last night to i am glad most of the time i don't have a car and can't drive make it easier but then again going to brixworth country park yesterday from northampton on the bus with 4 older one two 20 month olds and two buggy and all our picnic stuff on a bus that was not a low liner was not my idea of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoomie
19-08-2009, 07:56 AM
i watched it last night. it was only on very briefly but i gather some taxi's have complained and now the council are going to take legal advise on it.

if it does pan out, i wonder how businesses will take it it if they have to get a taxi licence just to take a (potential) client to lunch :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sweets
19-08-2009, 07:59 AM
its not in my area so havn't seen it on the news. what exactly are the taxi's complaining about? are the childminders involved just picking children up from school and dropping them at thier home and charging for the journey?

Minstrel
19-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Its two completely different jobs!

If they are demanding we register as a taxi then i want them to have to register as childminders.

Seriously, those who take and collect from school, should be crb checked, have peadiatric first aid, and complete the EYFS during the journey. They are in charge of under 8's and getting paid.

I realise that is silly but that is how ridiculous they are being in suggesting we need a taxi licence!

rickysmiths
19-08-2009, 08:10 AM
What I would like to know is why and on what grounds have the taxi firm complained about this childminding couple? What is it about their business that has ruffled the taxi firms feathers? I can't think of anything I do in using my car as a cm that might make a taxi feel their business is threatened.

The is a couple near me though who go and collect all their mindees every morning and take them home in the evening. I would question why? They do not live in the middle of nowhere. I'm further away from the concentration of population than them and have never been asked by a parent if I will collect and deliver. All mine are brought to me. I will always help out in an emergency if I can, but I do not consider myself a 'Taxi' service. general running around, taking to school, nursery etc is what the parents would do with the children. Ottings the same.

A taxi firm would not be able to provide any of the services we do.

Twinkles
19-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Seriously, those who take and collect from school, should be crb checked, have peadiatric first aid, They are in charge of under 8's and getting paid.

I realise that is silly but that is how ridiculous they are being in suggesting we need a taxi licence!

I agree if this goes through ( and I can't see that it will ) then taxi drivers should be made to do first aid etc ( I think most are now crb checked aren't they ? )

little chickee
19-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Maybe they do this as an extra to make themselves look more flexiable - its probably just to get more customers - some parents might like not having to drop off and collect - easier for them.

I personally wouldnt do it but if someone asks you to go collect and then drop them back home and if you couldnt or wouldnt do it you would lose the child maybe you might consider it.