PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessments?

Tippy Toes
18-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Just wondering how often you carry out a risk assessment?

Thanks All x

sarah707
18-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I do daily risk assessments of the main things to watch out for in the house and in the garden...

I check outings ones regularly as required by the Eyfs...

The rest of my RAs are updated annually and when things change. :D

sweets
18-08-2009, 08:13 PM
just before ofsted are due!!! lol:laughing:

Sorry ignore me,as i think its a bit daft having to write them down.

Sarahs advice is better:)

Mari
18-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Daily: In the playroom I check for small things that babies can choke on, I close stair gates and ensure that there are no trailing wires and sockets are covered. When I clean the house in the evening I ensure that there are no things that we can fall over.
I check toys as we are using them and throw out any that are broken immediately, I am constantly rotating toys so this is not difficult. I check the garden whenever they go out doors.
Whenever I go in the car I ensure that they are strapped in and if I find a faulty strap then I either fix it or throw the car seat if it's irepairable.

Is that what you meant?

Tippy Toes
18-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks for your replies. Do you write down these risk assessments ? Or are they done in your head? :blush:

sarah707
18-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your replies. Do you write down these risk assessments ? Or are they done in your head? :blush:

They need to be written down so you can show them to Ofsted as evidence that they are done :D

Helen79
18-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm still in the process of writing all my outings risk assessments but once they're written I plan to review them 6 monthly or if anything changes.

I have a written list of things to check at home daily but don't record that I do every day.
I'm constantly risk assessing my home & toys so I don't feel I need to tick that I checked the stair gate at 8am in the morning as by lunchtime it may have been damaged by my ds jumping on it

I record any actions that I do though, e.g. ds jumped on stair gate, dh re-screwed stairgate to wall

Mari
18-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes, I have a list of checks that are everywhere, behind my junk cupboard door(the one I use most of the time!:o ) in the playroom and in the file that I show to parents. I also put extra risk assessments and smoke alarm tests in my daily diary.