PDA

View Full Version : Feel so much less self critical now!

uf353432
18-08-2009, 06:57 PM
My Ofsted report was really favourable - I posted a link to my parents for them to read it, but self critical me was a bit miffed that I had (on the day) not wiped the hands of the babies before snack time - even though they were sat on the floor and even though as soon as I would have wiped them them would have touched the floor again - you get my drift. Anyway I was flustered - head going 20 to the dozen and I didn't do it and I immediately knew I didn't do it and Mrs Ofsted pulled me up on it on my report. This one little issue was like a red shining light of 'incompetant' to me when I read my report. Especially the way Ofsted word it - using words like risk of spread of infection...

One of my mums dropped off this morning and she said she thought the report was brilliant and she was so chuffed for me. We talked about my shameful negative on the report and she said her and hubby had chatted about that last night and he had said well if thats the only thing they could find to pull her up on - they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one :)

I am so pleased :) :clapping:

sarah707
18-08-2009, 07:06 PM
It's the words they use isn't it? They make everything sound so bad :(

I'm pleased you have seen past them! :D

uf353432
18-08-2009, 07:18 PM
he he its the 2nd draft Sarah - I made them amend the first one :clapping:

This little gem was also the very last thing on my report - so a really positive report ending on a negative - I asked them to swap the last 2 sentances around so it ended on a positive :)

TheBTeam
18-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Well done to you, and as the parents say, how many of them wash the lo's hand full stop!!

miffy
18-08-2009, 08:33 PM
One of my mums dropped off this morning and she said she thought the report was brilliant and she was so chuffed for me. We talked about my shameful negative on the report and she said her and hubby had chatted about that last night and he had said well if thats the only thing they could find to pull her up on - they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one :)

I am so pleased :) :clapping:

Fantastic that your parents see past such a small thing. Like Sarah said, Ofsted have a way with words that make the smallest of things sound so dreadful.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
18-08-2009, 08:34 PM
That's good to hear....the parents are right!

xx

zillervalley
18-08-2009, 08:42 PM
great news, and the parents are right

ziller