PDA

View Full Version : HELLLLLLLLPPPP!!! Thinking of a change of career to CHILDMINDING!!

legtc01
18-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Recently lost my childminder due to her being a greedy so and so...I have thought about childminding in the past but never more so than now. I have a good part time job working for my local council in the offices,but its not what I want to do, my passion is working with children and helping them learn. I have my TA1 so have a bit of experience in working with them and also my own 3 year old.

I have a couple of ideas in my head, but was wondering if someone with experience would be able to help me...

I know I need to go to an information session with the council and then the 5 week pre-reg course and also do my first aid and food hygeine courses, just wondered if anyone found it hard when they first started out, money wise, with ofsted, where you got your information from, paying taxes and what you can claim, school runs etc.

You see, I dont want to quit my job once qualified and then maybe get 1 child plus my own and then I wont have enough money to survive. Would running a before and after school club from my house be a possibility?

Does anyone out there look after a relatives child? If so do you charge them? As the child would be taking up a place. What happens in the ofsted checks?

Im sure that someone with a wealth of knowledge would be able to answer a couple of my questions.

Thanks very much :-)