PDA

View Full Version : what do you all do about holiday?

andreaschildcare
18-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone

Basically I dont take enough!

I took none last year and I am taking one week this year!

I have decided to take 4 weeks next year. Do you all book it in advance or as and when?

I was thinking about deciding it and letting parents know in Jan?

WWYD :)

Hebs
18-08-2009, 03:01 PM
My holidays are all booked for next year :thumbsup:

parents informed as soon as i've booked them, or when they sign up

i take 4 weeks per year, runs april to april :)

Louise_Oaktree
18-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I put in my contracts that I take 4 weeks but last year took 1 week 2 days and this year will take 2 weeks. I just make sure I give as much notice as possible (min 1 month) and I do feel guilty taking them - especially with after School children as their parents are NEVER off - or rather they are off but still leave their children with me :angry:

fionamal
18-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I have mine all booked with the parents for next year. I take 5 weeks in total which includes the bank holidays but these are with no pay

miffy
18-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I put in my contracts two weeks notice needed on either side for holidays

I'm not very good at booking months in advance but I always try and give parents at least a month's notice

Miffy xx

Tired
18-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I never seem to take lots of holiday, just the odd day here and there.
This year I have taken or booked 10 days (1 in feb, 2 in July, 1 Aug, 1 sept, 3 oct and 2 over xmas.)

This was I get some long weekends, and don't have to book months in advance, I just tell the parents as soon as possible.
Usually they are fine when its only 1 or 2 days, even with only short notice.

nannymcflea
18-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I take at least 4 weeks off. I tell my parents in January/February. They know I have ALL the xmas school holidays off, so that can be 2 weeks, a week at easter then 1 or 2 in the summer hols.

Mouse
18-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I take a week at Easter, a week in the summer and 2 weeks at Xmas. In addition to that I'll take the odd day here & there if I need it.

If I'm lucky, parents will be off at the same time on their own holidays, so I get extra time then. Eg. it's worked out that I'll get a week off in September as both sets of parents have booked the same week off :clapping:

I only work 4 days a week, so always get at least one day off (sometimes 2 days off depending on shifts). If I worked full time I might be tempted to take more time off.

Chimps Childminding
18-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I usually let them know in January (if possible). I try and take 1 week at easter, 2 in the summer, sometimes october half term and I close for 2 weeks over the christmas school holiday! If I am not sure of exact dates at the time I let then know as soon as I do know:thumbsup:

Alibali
18-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I take 5 weeks plus 10 public holidays, parents know my next years holidays already!

TheBTeam
18-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I take two weeks together in the summer and a week at christmas, I am now feeling that i could do with at least another week though, and am thinking next year that i would like time either at easter or october, The problem in the summer is we go away and at christmas everything is busy, i would like to take some time with no pressure to do too much!

amanda1309
18-08-2009, 07:37 PM
i normally take 5 weeks a year 2 at christmas, 2 through the summer and another floating week for whenever.

You need to take some holidays its the only way we remain sane. lol

loocyloo
18-08-2009, 07:43 PM
i take 4ish weeks!

1 week at easter, 2 in the summer hols and then i am closed the week between christmas & new year, and usually christmas eve. i then take another few days throughout the year - a couple of school inset days ( yes, i could earn more those days, but my children need me too! ) and a couple of training days. i try and give as much notice as possible for these days, the holidays i give notice for in january of each year!

x

Tatjana
18-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I have decided to close for 2 weeks starting Christmas Eve. Then not sure about any others, lol!

xx

zillervalley
18-08-2009, 08:46 PM
i take 6 wks

1x christmas

feb,oct half term

2wks easter

1wk summer hols

parents know this when starting

ziller

peanuts
18-08-2009, 09:00 PM
as soon as i book my holidays i write a newsletter informing everyone. it worked out quite well this year as one took same holidays as me.