PDA

View Full Version : Lovely leaving thank you

yummymummy
18-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Mindee I had cared for for 3 years left a month ago. Was given notice which included their holiday time and then mindee became ill so ended all very abruptly, although parents honoured all financial side.
Found it quite hard but at least no teary farewells.
Well today they turn up with beautiful thank you card, Belgian chocs, bottle of booze, gift voucher card. Mindee flits in as if they had never left and just fit right in again!
Now after a really lovely visit have shed the tears I didn't at the time. For all those who say childminders only moan about parents or any childminders who feel unappreciated with a particular experience I can honestly say that this set of parents were always lovely and very fair in all ways, they also appreciated the input I gave their child and consulted me in all their development and medical issues as well as just asking my advice in both a professional and parental manner. They live close by to me and have no family local so I know we will keep in touch. This particular mindee really did become almost a part of my family and we all miss them terribly.
Oh no, better not say anything more or I'll be off blubbing again :blush:

jaytravis
18-08-2009, 03:14 PM
how nice i had a mindee leave me yesterday after a year and i got some really bad smelling smelly stuff though its the thought that counts lol
enjoy ur pressie

miffy
18-08-2009, 03:17 PM
That's lovely - it's nice to know you're appreciated :)

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
18-08-2009, 04:46 PM
What a lovely thank you,enjoy:D

childmind04
18-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Thats really nice, makes it all worth while :)

TheBTeam
18-08-2009, 05:27 PM
It is so lovely when you have a special relationship with a mindee and family, the only downside then is the sadness when they leave!!

If you didn't like them that much then it isn't so bad when they leave!:laughing:

angeldelight
19-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Oh thats lovely

Enjoy

Angel xx

Tatjana
19-08-2009, 08:39 AM
That's really lovely, what a nice family to have worked with :)

xx

cara1235
19-08-2009, 02:48 PM
i totally agree with other posts it is sad when they go but also soooo nice to feel appreciated! i recently finished with a mindee who has been with me for 3 years and they gave me chocs flowers wine and a really lovely card and even a voucher for £35 to have a spa treatment!!! ( do u think they were trying to say something! lol)