PDA

View Full Version : OTHER CHILDMINDERS & MOINDEES IN MY CAR

It's a small world
18-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi

My friend has recently become a childminder...however she doesn't drive..

would she be ok in my care as long as her parents sign a permission form saying its ok or is there some other paper work that needs to be completed ???

I do have a business insurance through Churchills ( oohhhhh yyyyyeeeeesss)

sarah707
18-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I would think so long as the parents of her children give signed written permission for their children to specifically travel in your car then it will be fine.

i would photocopy your documents - MOT, insurance etc - to give her so she can show her parents that you are fully insured etc.

This will also make sure it is professionally done in case Ofsted are called.

Your problems will start of course if one of her parents says no...

hth :D

nemo97
18-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm also a non driver and I recently asked about insurance cover on my husbands car as he regulary drives us to different places. I thought he would have to insure it for buisness use but MM insurance said that as long as I am in the car they are covered on my insurance. x

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I would think so long as the parents of her children give signed written permission for their children to specifically travel in your car then it will be fine.

i would photocopy your documents - MOT, insurance etc - to give her so she can show her parents that you are fully insured etc.

This will also make sure it is professionally done in case Ofsted are called.

Your problems will start of course if one of her parents says no...

hth :D

I get a letter signed from my parents saying that I can take the children in transport mine or others and then this covers the bus, train etc....