PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys do it?

jessie1
18-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Its after 2 now and finally putting my feet up. Today I had a 13month old (mom just picked her up), my 21month old, and the 2 year old and 5 year old that I had now since Sunday and boy am I tired. the overnights are only being picked up tomorrow.
Saturday I briefly had a break but still had my daughter alone and whole week busy with 3 to 4 kids. I am happy whilst doing it but boy am I tired?
Anything I can have to make me less tired?
Oh and i dont drink so no alcoholic beverages, lol

LittleAcorns
18-08-2009, 02:53 PM
It is a lot more hard work than people realise,

one of my mindees parent said to me he thought of it as just babysitting, until I started looking after his daughter, now he sees just what we do

little chickee
18-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Caffeine and chocolate - and lots of it!:laughing:

Louise_Oaktree
18-08-2009, 03:12 PM
It gets easier - or more bearable :laughing: but early nights are a must every now and then :thumbsup:

tinkerbelle
18-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Its after 2 now and finally putting my feet up. Today I had a 13month old (mom just picked her up), my 21month old, and the 2 year old and 5 year old that I had now since Sunday and boy am I tired. the overnights are only being picked up tomorrow.
Saturday I briefly had a break but still had my daughter alone and whole week busy with 3 to 4 kids. I am happy whilst doing it but boy am I tired?
Anything I can have to make me less tired?
Oh and i dont drink so no alcoholic beverages, lol

you couldnt have alcohol even if you did drink as your officially still working with the over nighters or thats how i was made to understand from ofsted when i registered for overnight x

amirose
18-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I have been finding it tough, I long for weekends and odd days/afternoons off now!! 6 weeks (well actualy its 7) is a long old time!
However I have always been very quiet term time and it looks like that is about to change (:clapping: ) --then it suddenly dawned on me this (being busy and having lots of kids to entertain each day) was now going to be my job!!! :laughing:

Monkey1
18-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Sounds like your in need of Valium!......not in Working hours of course!:D

childmind04
18-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I can only imagine overnights can be difficult as you never really stop working so no wonder you are tired, nice long baths and early nights are a must occasionally and also a day over the weekend when you do not think about work :)