PDA

View Full Version : giving notice

Helen79
18-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I need to give notice this afternoon on one of my mindees, really don't want to but both our older children are going to different schools so I won't be able to pick up & drop off anymore
Just wondering how I can word it, I've never had to give notice before so have no idea what to write? :panic:

nemo97
18-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry I didn't want to read and run. I've
never had to give notice but i'm sure someone
will be along soon to offer advice. :)

Tired
18-08-2009, 11:56 AM
this is probably one of the easiest notices to give (relatively) you are not doing it because of the parent's or child's behaviour, but due to logistics.

I guess the parent knows that your child will be going to a different school, so it wont come as a shock to them.

How about
"As you are probably aware my DC will be attending XXX school from September. This unfortunately means that I will not be able to collect your DC from XXX school.
I therefore have to give you notice that our contract will have to end on xxxdate.

I would tell them verbally first, then give them the letter to formalise it all.

good luck.

FussyElmo
18-08-2009, 11:58 AM
this is probably one of the easiest notices to give (relatively) you are not doing it because of the parent's or child's behaviour, but due to logistics.

I guess the parent knows that your child will be going to a different school, so it wont come as a shock to them.

How about
"As you are probably aware my DC will be attending XXX school from September. This unfortunately means that I will not be able to collect your DC from XXX school.
I therefore have to give you notice that our contract will have to end on xxxdate.

I would tell them verbally first, then give them the letter to formalise it all.

good luck.

Totally agree:thumbsup:

devoncm
18-08-2009, 12:21 PM
I cant pick my mindee up from her school as i no longer have anyone to pick my children, i said this to mum nd suggested maybe lo auntie could pick her up and drop to me or i pick up from auntie as she only lives across rd from me, she and auntie were fine with this, is there no way you could do something similar? if not at least your not terminating on bad terms

Helen79
18-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks everyone.

How about

That sounds perfect :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I don't get home from the school run til about 9.30, & because of where the parents live they would walk past by house at about 9am so wouldn't be able to drop off at mine.

youarewhatyoueat
18-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Did you know this at the beginning of the school holidays, i'm just wondering why youve left it till now to give notice.I hope she is expecting this as she may find it hard so close to schools starting back. If she is term time only you can't use the holidays as notice time and should have given notice 4 weeks before hols started. Just be prepared with the answers and i'm sure she'll be fine.

mabel
18-08-2009, 01:02 PM
are you sure she still wants you to mind, you must have broached the
subject earlier knowing they would be at different schools?

I have been in this position but usually it is gradual lead up into knowing
the inevitable will happen,
after all you cannot be in 2 places at once.

good luck

little chickee
18-08-2009, 03:08 PM
could you arrange a drop off point halfway between the 2 schools and see if one of the schools would hang on to the child until you got there?

I had 2 pick up 2 kids at 2 different nurseries 10 miles apart at roughly the same time - i arrange with the 2nd nursery to keep the child for the extra 15 mins it took me to get there - better than terminating if you dont want to.

Hebs
18-08-2009, 03:17 PM
2 nights a week i collect from another school, i go there first and my son (and new mindee) will wait at the school office for 5/10 mins til i get there, after all they have to do this if the kids were attending an after school club and they have various pick ups :thumbsup:

Helen79
18-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I gave notice at drop off time, mum was happy as she only needs me for the next week anyway so we've mutually agreed to end the contract next week instead of the standard 4 weeks notice.

I haven't left it too long at all. I wasn't going to give notice, I was intending on picking mindee up on the way home from school run but as mum had mentioned she might be giving me notice anyway to send her ds to nursery (but couldn't make up her mind & would let me know nearer the time) I thought it would be easier if the decision was made sooner.