PDA

View Full Version : Assistant info required

kingdom
18-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi all, I seem to have found myself with a few too many people requiring after school care and the only way i can see to keep everyone happy is to take on an assistant for just 1/2 hour once a week, really to see me through this busy period. I live next door to the school and have worked there for twelve years prior to starting childminding a year ago, I am lucky to have use of the schools adventure playground for the first hour from 3.30-4.30 and two children will be picked up from school at 4 /4.30. I have a friend who works at the school so is crb checked and is doing her baby first aid course in early sept she is also a registered nurse, she has agreed to help me for that 1/2 hour so really i need to know how to go about registering her and will she need her crb re-checking, i am thinking she will, but it seems such a lot of work for just 1/2 hour a week. I have applied for a variation for 4 under 5s two afternoons a week because of a parents change in work hours, so could i do another variation request for this extra child for 1/2 hour a week. Oh my head is spinning with all this, Thanks anybody who helps xx

devoncm
18-08-2009, 12:27 PM
I would have thought looking through other posts that a variation for 1/2 hour a wk would be fine, if you need the assistant just phone them and say you want one for 1/2 hr a wk, you might still have to fill the form in but shouldnt see it as too much of a problem

rickysmiths
18-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Personally I would get a variation for the half hour rather than go to all the bother of registering and employing an assistant.

loocyloo
27-08-2009, 08:13 AM
if you will have more than 6 children under 8 at any one time, then you would need an assistant. i was told that under no circumstances could you have more than the 6 under 8, and variations can not be issued for it!

i had a simialr issue last march! i was told that even if my son was elsewhere, he still counted and the advice was to get an assistant!

i spoke to several inspectors, and they all said they understood my dilema, but they couldn't give a variation!

good luck x