PDA

View Full Version : Permission Forms

venus89
17-08-2009, 09:20 PM
So I am here typing out yet another 'I want to take your child to X' form and I was thinking... what should I actually be asking themto write on the form? I askl them to sign for their permissionfor the child to go, then relationmship to child but this seems a bit pointless, then about permission 'for emergency medical treatment to be administered should the need arise'

Is this all I need - or not enough?

sarah707
18-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I only have one 'emergency contact' form - it goes with me on outings etc.

I have one 'cover pretty much everything' permission form as well.

I might do a separate permission if I'm going somewhere big like the zoo or farm but otherwise it's all on the one.

Is that what you mean? :D

venus89
18-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Morning Sarah

Well I want to take them to a farm tomorrow so it's a separate permission form thing - my general permissions cover children's centre, park, woods etc but this is further away and less usual so it's one I'll ask specific permission for.

Also in my general permissions I have the permission for emergency medical treatment form.

In this permission form for tomorrow I say 'I'd like to take your child to the farm on ths date. Please sign to give your permission. Relationship to child (which is the bit I'm thinking is totally pintless). Signed permission for medical treatment should the need arise' I'll take this with me tomorrow.

Should I be asking them for anything else on the outing permission form?

tinkerbelle
18-08-2009, 07:43 AM
sorry to knick ur thread but iv recently bought two rabbits do i need permission forms for the kids to handle them (thought sarah might know :blush: )

venus89
18-08-2009, 07:53 AM
sorry to knick ur thread but iv recently bought two rabbits do i need permission forms for the kids to handle them (thought sarah might know :blush: )

I'm actually looking at rabbits on the RSPCA website at the moment so it's very relevant!!

Tatjana
18-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Why do we need to take permission forms for medical/emergency treatment with us?

If something happened to the child you would tell the dr/emergency services to go ahead and give treatment....would they even ask? I've never been asked permission about my children, why would it be different for a mindee? If you and the child are in such a state because of an accident would they be searching for a permission form instead of giving medical aid?

TIA

xx

ZoeAlli
18-08-2009, 08:36 AM
I have a permission form for animals in my home, we used to have rabbits (and will look at having them again next year), and I got parents to sign permission as they were allowed to run round the garden!
I also use a separate form for special outings, different to day-to-day. :)

sarah707
18-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Why do we need to take permission forms for medical/emergency treatment with us?

If something happened to the child you would tell the dr/emergency services to go ahead and give treatment....would they even ask? I've never been asked permission about my children, why would it be different for a mindee? If you and the child are in such a state because of an accident would they be searching for a permission form instead of giving medical aid?

TIA

xx

It is a legal requirement of the Eyfs so it MUST be done :D

Ripeberry
18-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Sarah, does it have to be the original permission form or copies?

sarah707
18-08-2009, 04:53 PM

I would say yes you do.

Partly because they can scratch if handled roughly.

Some parents don't like their children handling any animals do they?

And partly because I am very allergic to them! :D

sarah707
18-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Sarah, does it have to be the original permission form or copies?

I take the original with a black and white photo of each child stuck on the back.

I keep a copy in each child's file.

I checked with Ofsted a long time ago and they said that was fine.

Yes I know there is the confidentiality issue if the forms are stolen but at the end of the day I would rather the right child got their insulin or other medication in an emergency situation if I could not speak for them :D

Tatjana
18-08-2009, 08:43 PM
It is a legal requirement of the Eyfs so it MUST be done :D

Yes, but i was querying the logic of it.

I wonder why it doesn't apply to school outings for reception classes.

xx

youarewhatyoueat
18-08-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a small photo album which I take with me everywhere, it has a photo of me and details of my husband in case anything happened to me, it also has photos and details of the children and a signed medical treatment form. I don't ask everytime for permission I have a general form that covers every trip even different ones which is signed when they start. I tend to put in the daily diaries if we are going on a trip to give them a bit of notice if we need different clothing etc.

tinkerbelle
19-08-2009, 06:33 AM
I would say yes you do.

Partly because they can scratch if handled roughly.

Some parents don't like their children handling any animals do they?

And partly because I am very allergic to them! :D

thanks for that :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Yes, but i was querying the logic of it.

I wonder why it doesn't apply to school outings for reception classes.

xx

It is supposed to apply for anyone with children in the Eyfs... if reception classes don't do it they are breaking the law!

Sorry but you made me laugh... logic..? :rolleyes: :laughing: