PDA

View Full Version : pre-reg visit! please help

mrsgreen
17-08-2009, 06:43 PM
i am just about to have my first pre reg visit by ofsted and i need some help!
i have been panicing about getting all my policys done, but will they expect everything done and ready to show?
can anyone help with what exactly you need to have before they come? any help would be great :)
kirsty

Tatjana
17-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Have you filled in your 'preparing for your inspection' booklet? They will ask alot of the questions in there and they'll expect yo to know what you need in your home to keep children safe, eg stairgates, safety film on glass doors.

You don't need all the paperwork done, again as long as you can tell them what you intend to do.

It's not as bad as we all work ourselves up about....the inspector is there to help you! :thumbsup:

xx

Lainey Lou
17-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi there, don't panic, it won't be as bad as you think.

Like Tatjana says you will just need to let them know what you intend to do safety wise inside and out, what rooms you intend to use for childminding etc, they will ask you what courses you have done, ie. first aid etc or what courses you intend to do, they will ask you questions with regard to the EYFS so make sure you are as up to date as possible. My inspector asked questions such as 'what would you do if ....', 'how would deal with .....' you know scenario type questions, but easy ones! You will be fine XX :)