PDA

View Full Version : 4 under 5 would I be mad??

Donkey
17-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Ok...

here is the thing...from both angles its continuity of care, but would I be mad?

I agreed to care for a 6 yr old boy before and after school, his sister R, was meant to be going to a nursery.

mum phoned me in a flap as the nursery was garbage and asked if I could have R. R is 3,

I currently care for H who will be 11 months in sept.
my dd who will 22 months in sept.

here is the dilema... I occasionally have B who is almost 3, I care for him when his other cm is ill or on holiday.

the only day I would have a problem with is weds...

H is here 8am till 1pm
R is here 8.30am till2pm
my dd is here all the time
and B would be here 8till6pm.

I have a 12 yr old afterschool

do you think a variation would be possible...
would I be mad to do it? I would have the large travel cot downstiars to keep babies safe. R can use the toilet. B and R do walk...

it would only be for 3 weeks in sept and when this cm has an op in oct/nov?!?

sarah707
17-08-2009, 06:33 PM
You will only know by trying!

If Ofsted say yes you could still decide against it.

Only you know the mix of children and whether it would work.

I think you need to take the new one, then work out how to fit the part timer in around don't you? Am I reading it right?

xx

Donkey
17-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I have to take the permenant work and see if I can fit B in..

B is really miserable, but his mum wants from mid sept so will be able to gauge if B will fit in..

better get writing that variation letter, but it now means if the 'other' issue happens I can give notice!

sarah707
17-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I think from what other members have said, it's a form you request and fill in nowadays for a variation.

Don't waste time writing a letter, check tomorrow - 08456 404040.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense, I need you to go back to V - my first year price has stopped and you're not there any more! :crying: Can you believe it's a whole year ago??!?!

Good luck! :D

Donkey
17-08-2009, 07:06 PM
you have lost me!!!

sarah707
17-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Don't worry about it! I lose myself regularly :laughing:

MissTinkerbell
17-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I think from what other members have said, it's a form you request and fill in nowadays for a variation.

Don't waste time writing a letter, check tomorrow - 08456 404040.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense, I need you to go back to V - my first year price has stopped and you're not there any more! :crying: Can you believe it's a whole year ago??!?!

Good luck! :D

No, you still need to write a letter. When I rang up to see whether they would grant me one I was told to put it in writing detailing hours and how I would meet their needs. She never mentioned a form to fill in. Same thing when I phoned back 3 weeks a go to see whether they would grant me a 2nd variation - or is this another case of different people saying different things?

Donkey
17-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyway, enough of this nonsense, I need you to go back to V - my first year price has stopped and you're not there any more! Can you believe it's a whole year ago??!?!

whats v Sarah?

I will phone them!

sarah707
17-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Hope this works! :D

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/%28offset%29/50/%28sort%29/date

Application to vary or remove conditions of registration

Childminders and childcare providers on the Early Years Register and the compulsory part of the Childcare Register can use this form to apply to have their conditions of registration varied or removed.

Please send your completed form to:

National Business Unit
Royal Exchange Buildings
St Ann's Square
Manchester
M2 7LA.

25 Mar 2009 | HMI 20090012 | Ofsted |

ZoeAlli
17-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you Sarah and Flutterbyes, this has been useful as I too need to apply for a variation again to do with continuity of care!
I hope you get the variation you want!- only you know if 4 under 5 is ok or not!
All the best :)

miffy
17-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Good luck with your variation - hope you get it.

Miffy xx

zillervalley
17-08-2009, 10:03 PM
good luck I HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU

ZILLER

rickysmiths
18-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I would apply for your variation. I have had lots about 6 in the last 18mths and haven't filled in a form for any of them. i write a clear letter explaining what i want and a grid showing the ages of the children and when they would be with me. Send to the address Sarah has kindly given you.

I have also had various variations to have 4 under 5s one was for two 10hr days and I have just in the last month got one to cover 5 10hr days sop i can take a baby sibling.

It is hard work with 4 under 5s but only you know if you can cope, if you think you can, go for it. Good luck.