PDA

View Full Version : oooh got my first mindee visit!

Tinglesnark
17-08-2009, 03:48 PM
:eek: *runs around in circles with hands aloft* :eek:

mum sounded very nice, she only wants one day a week to start with as her and he dh work shifts. Lo is 1 and he isnt settling in nursery. hes been there 10 weeks and still goes mental when she leaves. :eek: get the impression that he doesnt settle till she collects him. she is coming on friday morning to meet us and have a look at the setting and policies etc...

how should i play it? im afraid to say that i did babble and i think i may have spouted a load of twaddle...as per lol but she sounded really happy and was pleased to know i would only be caring for her child at the same time as my own and that he would be treated like a member of the family. she sighed and said oh lovely...thats perfect...

so i need my portfolio to show her, should i prepare some sort of activity that charlie and lo could perhaps do together? or should i just direct him to the toys and let him take his pick?

what else do i need?

she knows im waiting for my crb's to come thru, incidentally they are with the police. just waiting for them to sort it out and send off what they need to...grrrrr the guy apologised and said that mine was taking an abnormally long time to process....

maybe they found out that i used to smuggle chocolate buttons in to the bermuda triangle:rolleyes: ;)

Minstrel
17-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh its excititng isn't it?

I would just get out some toys you think would be suitable for the lo. Something you can interact with but that they can get on with themseleves if you and mum are busy chatting.

and good luck!:thumbsup:

mummyroysof3
17-08-2009, 03:55 PM
thats great, im sure she will sign up with you if she sounded happy on the pnone, so exciting, i cant wait till i have my 1st visit, but will proberly be in a right state:laughing:

good luck:thumbsup:

charlotte x

Rosiemay
17-08-2009, 04:29 PM
well done. sounds good! How long have you been waiting for your crb?

Rosie x

Tinglesnark
17-08-2009, 04:30 PM
lol i hope so! i know, i am bricking it!
it would be wonderful to start me off nice and slowly...mind u im not sure if it will be gently..by the sound of him he will only settle with his mum so i might be in for some stick....:rolleyes:

Tinglesnark
17-08-2009, 04:32 PM
well done. sounds good! How long have you been waiting for your crb?

Rosie x

about 4-6 weeks...cant remember the date it was logged....i have been told it can be much much longer than that tho so im not overy worried right now...
shame to lose this potential mindee but i might not have much of a say in it...

que sera sera eh?!?

lol