PDA

View Full Version : Its always the way ....

Lainey Lou
17-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi all, yesterday I put a post on here about accidents, ie when is an 'accident' an accident that should be put in the accident book and a few of you kindly posted.

Anyway, guess what? ...... my mindee had an accident today, she was playing on a very small wooden climbing type thing at a childrens centre, I was stood right next to her and looked away for literally 2 seconds to check on my daughter and guess what, she fell off. She got a right bump on her head and a v small cut under her nostril, I carried out all the correct procedures/paperwork etc and she was okay and mum was fine about it. Felt abit deflated by it tho, I haven't been cm that long and I felt like I was doing such a good job supervising my LO's, everyone else was stood around chatting and not really watching their kids and I'm there being Mrs Superduper Childminder that happens. Not happy :( just wanted to share it with you guys to make me feel better. XX

~Chelle~
17-08-2009, 04:19 PM
It happens to everyone hun.

I had one child who I told time and time again not to try and climb on the swing by himself as he would fall off, was sorting out another mindee and he tried to climb on the swing and fell off, nose was bleeding and his tooth went through his bottom lip, so much blood.

He was always falling over, so much so that I said I should rename my accident book J*** B***** accident book lol

His mum knew what he was like and wasnt too worried about the pages and pages of small accidents but it made me feel like poo!!

Big hugs xx

Tinglesnark
17-08-2009, 04:22 PM
oh try not to beat urself up too much, even the most vigilant get caught out by these accidents because u simply cannot be in all places at once. kids do have accidents...not much u can do about it..
((hugs))
hope u have a better day tomorrow!