PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with??

Hebs
17-08-2009, 02:54 PM
a bosy child???

Minstrel
17-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm bosier!

zillervalley
17-08-2009, 02:57 PM
EXCUSE ME WE ARE THE BOSS
LOL or should be
ZILLER

fionamal
17-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Boss them back :laughing:

sweets
17-08-2009, 03:02 PM
a bosy child???

I bet its a girl! lol. i'm guessing about 6-8 because they know EVERYTHING at that age! am i right?

i would find a quiet time with them on thier own and have a chat about feelings and how its not nice to expect everyone to do what you want! and how they would feel if someone did it to them. if you find them being bossy then just say 'do you remember our little talk?' i did it with a little girl once and it worked.

Hebs
17-08-2009, 03:09 PM
wrong..... boy aged 7

i have tried until i'm blue in the face to teach him manners, and not to boss others around.

He's just said

Heather, get me a drink now

erm, no until you remember to ask me nicely :panic: :panic:

he's also told my daughter (who is almost 13) NOT to cross the road when we went out to walk the dog, and told mark off for climbing a tree

mammumof4
17-08-2009, 03:12 PM
ha! he sounds like my 7 yr old son, he shouts tho and gets angry if someone wont do what he wants :blush: im finding i have to send him off to sit on his own for a while in his bedroom, not as easy as that with a minded child tho. i havent been much help have i? lol sorry:blush: :laughing:

FussyElmo
17-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I just ask them who is in charge and they usually said you T. Rule in my house I do the telling not them!!!!

Mind you mindee been coming three years and I still have to tell her :rolleyes:

Helen79
17-08-2009, 03:39 PM
any advice much appreciated here, dd is 4 & is so bossy. I've just had to tell her off cos they're building a tower & she's telling mindee exactly where to put the bricks, taking his off if they're in the 'wrong' place, telling him which colour to use etc. He ends up just watching the game cos dd has to be in control of everything :rolleyes:

She tells the younger mindees & her younger brother off all the time. I keep reminding her it's much more fun to be a big sister than to act like their mummy and it's my job to remind children of the rules, not her.

Lainey Lou
17-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Hiya, not got any advice but it reminded me about the other day, I'm on the park with my 2 year old daughter and you know what 2 year olds are like, don't look where they are going, anyway she nearly ran into a girl who was about 7 and I said to my daughter 'mind that little girl' anyway this 'little' girl looked at me, gave me a steely stare, said 'BIG GIRL ACTUALLY', and then gave me THE most filthiest look anyone has ever given me. She made me feel about 2 inches tall .... little madam he he :)

mushpea
17-08-2009, 08:20 PM
My 10yrold daughter is defintaly the bossy one here, i often have to gently remind her to let the others have their ideas in a game. I just say things like 'thats a really good idea how about letting xx have choice/go/idea for the next bit of the game' we also talk about their ideas and what they want to play but mainly the mindees are happy to to along with my daughter anyway:rolleyes:
as for demanding drinks etc i have a child who did that but each time he said get me a drink i would say pardon untill eventualy he would say please can i have xxx, I did explain a few times what was expected of him but then gave up and stuck wil pardon, i also get things said like when walking to school 'this bag is so heavy' me 'is it' child' yes it must be my water bottle' me 'could be' child ' i dont think i can carry it any futher' me 'oh thats a shame cause you wont have any lunch then' this carrys on for a while untill they twig that they need to ask for help, generaly though i expect them all to carry their bags as if you carry for one then you end up carrying for all and i have 4 school age children and 3 little ones so not possible really!

Hebs
17-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I have now printed off a

Please may i have....

to stick on the door :thumbsup:

Twinkles
17-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I have a couple of girls like this, I usually ask if they have suddenly become a grown up ? No ? or did you become a childminder ?? No ?? then please lets just remember that I'm in charge here.

Hebs
17-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I have a couple of girls like this, I usually ask if they have suddenly become a grown up ? No ? or did you become a childminder ?? No ?? then please lets just remember that I'm in charge here.

:thumbsup: love it

mandy moo
18-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Spooky, LO was dropped of by dad today, as dad left he said 'are you going to be good today?' (he always is)
and whos in charge?? LO said his name, we both laughed
So dad say's again 'whos in charge?'
LO said 'Mandy'.. with a big grin on his face :laughing: