PDA

View Full Version : Holiday woe's

anneriddington
17-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Im back from two weeks in Cornwall which was lovely only problem was on the first tuesday my bank phoned to to say they believed someone had made two fraudulent withdrawals on the internet (totalling (£1030). Which after a short discussion with them I confirmed they weren't my transactions. That was on the 4th August and I only today had the money reimbursed!

The on the second week had phone call from Ofsted asking if they could come to do an inspection!!! It was due in June so I was expecting it SEF submitted etc but cant a girl have a holiday?

Plus side though it was a different inspector than the usual one and this one did sound half human and dare I say with a sense of humour!

She said she would ring back first week in Sept so I suppose I have had a good amount of notice

Pipsqueak
17-08-2009, 02:38 PM
There, that speaks volumes you should not take time of from childminding. your life must revolve around minding.... repeat it several times lol

Glad you got the money situation sorted
Good you got plenty of notice for Offy - good luck:thumbsup:

anneriddington
17-08-2009, 02:45 PM
:)
There, that speaks volumes you should not take time of from childminding. your life must revolve around minding.... repeat it several times lol

Glad you got the money situation sorted
Good you got plenty of notice for Offy - good luck:thumbsup:

I know what you mean did wonder how I could make myself unavailable :laughing:
Mrs Ofsted did laugh (yes they do laugh sometimes) saying "its a good job you're not in Portugal this phone call would be costing you a fortune" so fingers crossed when she rings back I think we got off to a good start

Jellytotzjulia
17-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Hiya,

I was on holiday in ibiza 3years ago sitting relaxing round the pool with my pina colada when I got a Mr ofsted call, I explained were I was & what I was doing, relaxing having a drink, he thought it very funny & said he was ever so sorry for bothering me & enjoy the rest of my hols, also the drinks!!:laughing: :blush:

Julia

miffy
17-08-2009, 03:36 PM
So much for a peaceful holiday!

Glad you've got your money back and good luck with the Ofsted inspection

Miffy xx