PDA

View Full Version : Signing the payment register!!!

samw
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I dont know if you remember me having problems with one of mindees where it eventually ended with me having to cancel the contract. I noticed the other day that I never got her mum to sign the payment register in the NCMA account book, I completely forgot about it!!:panic:

Should I just write an explanation in that I no longer have the child or do Ofsted not actually check your financial records?

Thanks

Sam x

ajs
06-12-2007, 09:59 PM
very unlikely to check your financial paperwork but you could put something in to cover yourself if you are worried about it.

they have never really bothered about the business side as long as you're meeting the standards etc
although someone with more recent experience may know better

charleyfarley
06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Yep I was told by ofsted inspector that the financial side is our business and nothing to do with them.

Mine never even looked at the accounts book, she didn't want to.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

Carol xx

Spangles
07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I typed this up on Excel and I don't bother to get the parents to sign it because I can't see the point.

It's nothing to do with Ofsted as the others have said, you can do your accounts how you like, you don't have to follow NCMA's at all.

So don't worry about it anymore, it's fine!

angeldelight
07-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Good advice from everyone

Ofsted would not be interested like it has been said

Angel xx

Pauline
07-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't get parents to sign either, they mosting pay by cheque anyway.

As has been said, Ofsted are not interested in your money side of things, it's the tax man you have to worry about there! ;)