PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy

estrelas
17-08-2009, 12:24 PM
hellpppppppppp

haven't got a clue :blush: , i know nothing about them lol

whats the best type?
Should I buy new as its my first one or are second hand ones ok?

any advice please

was looking at a maclarean just cos of space at home :panic:

OrlandoBelle
17-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Personally, I wouldn't use a second hand one. I got mine from the Argos warehouse about 6 months ago. I got it for £49.99 when it should've been £169.99 in the previous catalogue. Not sure if you have one local to you.
HTH.:)

Minstrel
17-08-2009, 12:30 PM
i have a maclaren techo and i found it very good especially with children of different ages ( i originally bought it for newborn son and a heavy two yr old son)

estrelas
17-08-2009, 12:32 PM
i have a maclaren techo and i found it very good especially with children of different ages ( i originally bought it for newborn son and a heavy two yr old son)

Thanks just looking at this one now, don't mind spending the money but I need to make sure its completely ok before I do x

~Chelle~
17-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I got one off of Freecycle - it had been used twice and was sat in the lady's loft for 3 years!!! Didnt cost a bean and looks brand new - only trouble is now it dont fit in my car (need all seven seats now my books are full) so on the lookout for a smaller one!

I dont think that you have to buy brand new, if you do get a second hand one, make sure you check it over thoroughly.

Hebs
17-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I got one off of Freecycle - it had been used twice and was sat in the lady's loft for 3 years!!! Didnt cost a bean and looks brand new - only trouble is now it dont fit in my car (need all seven seats now my books are full) so on the lookout for a smaller one!

I dont think that you have to buy brand new, if you do get a second hand one, make sure you check it over thoroughly.

my phil and teds fits in my 7 seater with all 7 seats up :thumbsup:

Minstrel
17-08-2009, 12:38 PM
my phil and teds fits in my 7 seater with all 7 seats up :thumbsup:

not a PHil and teds fan here i'm afraid :(

Hebs
17-08-2009, 12:46 PM

nor was i but i needed one that fit in my car with all 7 seats up,

this was the only one that does :)

youarewhatyoueat
17-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I bought a mamas and papas when they were on offer at boots.com am very pleased but I also have a mothercare double urban for around the village. But I wish I hadn't spent the money really as I went to a very good car boot at the weekend and there must have been 4 very good doubles from some very nice families.I'm not a fan of phil and teds as I don't think the child underneath can interact very much with the other child. The main choice you have is an umbrella fold with small wheels better suited to quick in and out of car boots and pavements or the out and about nipper/urban type with large wheels which are great for everything especially off road, but generally are heavier and more bulky, and take up more room in the car. Forgot the ones which are one in front of the other which people say are hard to get up and down kerbs, no idea as never had one. Loads of people rave about the phil and teds and the price holds really well so if you resell you shouldn't lose much.

Minstrel
17-08-2009, 12:50 PM

Oh really- thats interesting. We are looking at getting a seven seater next year (need it now really but cant afford).

What car do you have? I'd like a ford .

~Chelle~
17-08-2009, 12:51 PM

Me neither :(

My friend had one and nearly dropped her daughter when she was getting her out of the bottom, she got rid of it soon after.

I am on the lookout on ebay for a mothercare one or mcclaren, I have a zafira and the boot is titchy! Need one with the teeny weeny wheels lol

estrelas
17-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I bought a mamas and papas when they were on offer at boots.com am very pleased but I also have a mothercare double urban for around the village. But I wish I hadn't spent the money really as I went to a very good car boot at the weekend and there must have been 4 very good doubles from some very nice families.I'm not a fan of phil and teds as I don't think the child underneath can interact very much with the other child. The main choice you have is an umbrella fold with small wheels better suited to quick in and out of car boots and pavements or the out and about nipper/urban type with large wheels which are great for everything especially off road, but generally are heavier and more bulky, and take up more room in the car.

don't think i like the bigger ones, think something smaller like maclarean would be perfect! thanks for advice xx

Hebs
17-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I have a renault Grand Scenic, :thumbsup:

my 2 year old mindee can climb into the bottom seat herself, she freaks when we put her in the top seat but she loves the bottom seat :D so everyone is happy.

I also like the fact that the 2nd seat can be removed to make is a single so no need for 2 buggy's :thumbsup:

I tried the Mothercare Hoxton, as it's a small double buggy but it didn't fit, so phil and teds it was

pinklady
17-08-2009, 12:57 PM

Me too for the same reason. It fits into the boot of my citroen xsara picasso with the single maclaren buggy and with all the bags from a weeks shopping as I never bother taking the buggies out when I'm not minding. I would just say that it's very heavy to push 2 toddlers but it does fit through most doorways.

FizzysFriends
17-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Maclaren doubles fit in the grand scenic, I tried one but want something more all terrain.

Hebs
17-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Maclaren doubles fit in the grand scenic, I tried one but want something more all terrain.

i've tried LOADS and the phil and teds was the only one that fit (and even thats tight)

tried tandem and side by side, but nothing would fit :panic:

FizzysFriends
17-08-2009, 01:02 PM
i've tried LOADS and the phil and teds was the only one that fit (and even thats tight)

tried tandem and side by side, but nothing would fit :panic:

Did you try the maclaren side by side? I have the same car as you, may be mine is bigger, LOL

Hebs
17-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Did you try the maclaren side by side? I have the same car as you, may be mine is bigger, LOL

yeah they wouldn't fit
i got a maclaren side by side from freecycle but it didn't fit :panic:

FizzysFriends
17-08-2009, 01:08 PM
yeah they wouldn't fit
i got a maclaren side by side from freecycle but it didn't fit :panic:

I think I have stretched my boot putting the Maclaren XLR in and out.

Am going to go to the baby shop and see if the P&T is easy to fit in so if I get signed contracts next week I know what to buy. I was going to get the Obaby one but its bigger than the P&T's

estrelas
17-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Right

Think i'm defo going to order the maclaren:thumbsup:

ta guys x

mummyroysof3
17-08-2009, 01:20 PM
ive had a mothercare hoxton they are horrid! then had a side by side 3 wheeler was far to big, i now have a maclaren side by side and i love it, my only gripe with it is too little basket space with andrew laying down:thumbsup:

charlotte x

pinklady
17-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Right

Think i'm defo going to order the maclaren:thumbsup:

ta guys x

Check ebay first...I paid about £90 for mine and it had only been used a handful of times so was pretty much as new.

nikki13
17-08-2009, 02:16 PM

mclaren twin triumph fits in mine with all 7 seats up

Minstrel
17-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Theres a deinate nack to putting some buggies in boots of cars. Lots of mine have only gone in one particular way!

helenlc
17-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Check ebay first...I paid about £90 for mine and it had only been used a handful of times so was pretty much as new.

I recently got a Maclaren Twin Techno with all the extras ie cosey toes, head huggers for £64!!

carebear25
17-08-2009, 08:55 PM
ive got a maclaren twin traveller which i got off ebay 4 £10 BARGAIN even if it only lasts 6mths.......

I can get that into boot of my fiesta and a single buggy 2 not much room 4 anythin else thou.

Have looked at others but with DS bein a big 21mth and mindee bein 21mths i cant c any other double workin :) :)