PDA

View Full Version : back from india

haribo
16-08-2009, 06:57 PM
hi all. you may remember my daughter went to do voluntary work in india with raleigh international , well she came back on friday yayy and has had an amazing experience . she really bonded with the village children and one day she sat in the street with a load of paper and pens and was soon surrounded by them all delighted by the pictures she was drawing and all trying to copy her . some of them couldnt even hold the pens and she said the most moving thing was a really old lady stood watching ,, jen gestured her to come over and have ago and shyly she did but it took ages to help her grasp the pen. when she managed to copy a smily face the look on her face was magical and jen said she felt overwelmed with emotion that something we take so much for granted could have such an effect .. its changed her whole outlook and hopefully she appreciates everything much more . she wants to go back and take me with her and i would love to so have an incentive to get some mindees so i can try and save some money :laughing: tried but failed as yet to put some pics up , theyre on facebook if anyone wants to see them xx

TheBTeam
16-08-2009, 07:04 PM
It sounds amazing, i think it is good for people of the younger generation to help them appreciate just how much we have in our lives, my kids by the time they are grown up will definitely need a head leveller like this!

My friends son was going to go on one of these but pulled out! Good on your daughter for going and I hope that if you really want to go that you are able to get there too.

Tatia
16-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Has it been that long already? Wow! I'm glad she had herself an adventure and learned some valuable lessons, as well. It sounds fantastic!

sarah707
16-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Pleased to hear she is back safely!

It sounds like a wonderful experience for her :D

brillminder
16-08-2009, 08:12 PM
sounds a fab experience, i bet she has grown up x

nannymcflea
16-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm glad she's home safe and well and had a fantastic time.

angeldelight
19-08-2009, 07:57 AM
It sounds great

Glad to hear she is back safe and well

Angel xx

ORKSIE
19-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Sounds wonderful...Glad she back in the nest:thumbsup:

funtoplay
20-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Wow sounds absolutely amazing!!! Wish I had done something like that before uni!!!

Julia