PDA

View Full Version : holiday fees

namtasha
22-02-2008, 07:52 PM
hi all,
getting my head in order for my first proper contract on tues
what do u all do about hols???

i was thinking i can book 2 weeks and so can they at half fee....
then i am closed on bank hols but full fee (they still get paid dont they??)

is that ok?

thanks very much

berkschick
22-02-2008, 07:54 PM
I do...

My holidays, no fee

Their holidays, full fee

Bank hols, full fee if contracted day.

LittleMissSparkles
22-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I charge 50 % for school holidays but 100% for days off sick or family holidays away when i should have the child, I charge full fee for b/hlds if I usually have the child but do not work it and if i am asked it is at o/t rate if not a day i normally have child no fees HTH xxx

Twinkles
22-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes but when you say bank holidays at full fee you must say that if you are expected to work them you will charge double. I was nearly caught out with this one on new years day :eek:

berkschick
22-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes, good point! It is written into my fees policy!

Tily Bud
22-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I do...

My holidays, no fee

Their holidays, full fee

Bank hols, full fee if contracted day.

snap !

oh and i have 4 weeks holiday a year and i close christmas week x

Tatia
25-02-2008, 09:31 AM
I've been lucky in that a lot of the time, with enough notice, parents are willing to schedule their hols for the same time as me. It's beneficial to all, really.

hello kitty
25-02-2008, 07:56 PM
snap !

oh and i have 4 weeks holiday a year and i close christmas week x

Do you have 4 weeks hol plus a week at Christmas? And do you charge for Christmas week? I always have 2 weeks at christmas but only take 2 other weeks in the summer.

Sarah :)

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I've been very cheekie I've said I'd take up to 6 weeks hols but prob only usually be 4 all without pay if they on hol then full fees and want payment for bank hols. But have a query I will be in Ireland on the week after easter the one with easter monday in so can I charge for this bank hol or should I let it go? I won't probably go to Ireland until the Tues as will have DH's brother and family here for W/E so in effect I won't be on hol until Tues.

Celine

wendywu
27-02-2008, 02:40 PM
If you say in your contract paid bank holidays then even if you are on holiday you should get paid. I will often put a days holiday either side of a bank holiday and go away for a long weekend, but still expect to be paid for it.:)

Heaven Scent
27-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Aw thanks for that I bet parents are not expecting that one but I've emailed dad to tell him. My normal rate is £3.50 per hour and The two children are here 10.00 hours per day and I charge them £225 for both per week so I don't think thats too bad. This is parents who send children when they are off work and will be expecting a reduction when child goes to playgroup 2 afternoons per week after easter - not on your nelly. Being on thei site has empowered me and made me brave!!!!!!!:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Celine

mum2two
27-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I charge no fee for my holiday, half fee for their hols, as long as 4 weeks written notice is given, and I charge half fee for bh, unless needed. If I want BH off, then I won't get paid anything, as I'm not available. 4 weeks holiday either side.

Me sick - no fee, them/kids sick full fee, and full fee whilst their child is at playgroup.

Kelly x