PDA

View Full Version : Photo question ..

Lainey Lou
16-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Hiya everyone, just wanted to ask how everyone prints off their photo's? I've got quite a few that I need to print to put in learning journeys etc and my printer is rubbish so think I will have to go to Jessops, thinking of the cost though, fed up of spending cash I haven't got!? How does everyone else do it? :) x

Tatjana
16-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I've got a printer that prints out well, I've only done one photo though and not panning on having tons, maybe one a month.

I paid £69.99 for my printer a couple of months ago, only to see TEscos now seeling it for £38!!!!!!!!! grrr

xx

FussyElmo
16-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I go to Asda the more you have the cheaper it gets. So I wait until I need loads then go!!!

newandlearning
16-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi .. Im currently undergoing a photo revamp.. I go through my camera and try to whittle down to a reasonable amount.. then put on my computer see from there which I want to use for my learning journals .. say one - two per week..

then..

going to Tesco or Asda and print off these few

with the rest on my computer I'm going to start logging them in individual computer folders for each child.. under month order and then every end of term give LJ .. with photos in .. PLUS a CD for mum/dad/carer to have keep and print off them selves.. will also keep an archive CD for self ...

I know this sounds like a lot of work but I too have had enough of printing pics and spending sometimes £5-10 per week :panic: ... this should cut my costs by around £20 per month so I think this should be better once I'm in the routine of it all..

I hope that makes sense.. xx

sweets
16-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi i'm pretty sure that if you are keeping photos of mindees on your computer you have to pay about £35 a year for data protection. i put mine on, print them off then delete them. You can't keep them on unless you want to pay.
hopefully someone else will confirm this.

newandlearning
16-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I think the data protection thing came up a little while ago didnt it??
I'm sorry I'm not sure..

I've got parent consent to keep photos on computer which I've password
protected ..
and also consent for pics to go on my website...

I've yet to research into the data protection thing more but would be interested to find out more from someone that knows.x

uf353432
16-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I have white printer labels and print them onto them and stick them into their learning journals. For the photo albums I make for kids who leave me - I use my little Selphy printer.

ZoeAlli
16-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi i'm pretty sure that if you are keeping photos of mindees on your computer you have to pay about £35 a year for data protection. i put mine on, print them off then delete them. You can't keep them on unless you want to pay.
hopefully someone else will confirm this.

Yes you are right! We were informed at an EYFS training, that if we keep any information about mindees on our computers including photos, you had to register with Data Protection and I think it was about £38 per year!! Hopefully someone will be able to give you a contact number for this!
All my stuff is on paper and up to know I have just put the photos straight from my camera through the printer!! :)

newandlearning
17-08-2009, 08:28 AM
here is some info re data protection.. I phoned them and they said that if you keep photos on your computer that you should register.. please see here for more info.

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage9df2c089.aspx?Map=3DE3FEB29E49D28FDDD31 6F8419A4A3F

hope this helps everyone.. xx

Mollymop
17-08-2009, 08:32 AM
I just print out my pictures straight from my printer onto normal paper. it looks fine as my pics are printed out with my obs and go straight into their folder.

katickles
17-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I order on line from photoshop - great value & pics always arrive fast & are fab quality:thumbsup:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
17-08-2009, 06:09 PM
more about data protection

if we take the pics off the comp and onto a CD does that get round the data protection issue?

helenlc
17-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I put mine onto a cd, take them to Boots and print them off. Then keep them on the cd.

If you do over 200, they are silly money. I think I had about 210 done for about £10.55.

buildingblocks
20-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Hiya everyone, just wanted to ask how everyone prints off their photo's? I've got quite a few that I need to print to put in learning journeys etc and my printer is rubbish so think I will have to go to Jessops, thinking of the cost though, fed up of spending cash I haven't got!? How does everyone else do it? :) x

I tend to just insert photos into a word document for a variety of things like Learning journey sheets, setting photo album, etc ( if you laminate them they look like photos - hope that makes sense) but recently I have started to get photos printed out and mount them on black card to put on the wall. I found a local shop that I put them on CD and then take it in and they print them off - cheaper then my poor old printer that objects to what I already print out lol.

If I put 50 on a CD 6x4in size I think it is around £7 maybe cheaper not quite sure.
Don't forget to put it through your accounts (not much help I know if you haven't got the cash initially)

buildingblocks
20-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I think the data protection thing came up a little while ago didnt it?? I'm sorry I'm not sure..

I've got parent consent to keep photos on computer which I've password
protected .. and also consent for pics to go on my website...

does this mean if you have parental permission you don't need to have the Data protection thing in place

I've yet to research into the data protection thing more but would be interested to find out more from someone that knows.x

I decided after trying to fathom out what we could and what we couldn't do to ring the ICO and came away from the phone still as confused. I decided to spend the £35 and know for my peace of mind that I was covered whatever I did. I keep nothing on my computer it is all on memory sticks and CD/DVD's and I have a feeling but not completely sure that if you store it on a memory stick you still need it but really not sure.

newandlearning
20-08-2009, 01:10 PM
more on data protection.. I asked my Early Years Coordinator and she said that as childminders are storing info on a private computer we don't need to register for data protection.. if you are putting images onto a website for marketing etc. you need to as the pics are going into a public domain..

I'm gonna register because I've got pics of children on my website.. I alway half feel that I spend soo much money on things anyway another £35 is at least going to give me peace of mind that I'm doing things right.xx

nannymcflea
20-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I just print out my pictures straight from my printer onto normal paper. it looks fine as my pics are printed out with my obs and go straight into their folder.

Me too, saves money, I do mine wallet size so have plenty of room to write next it.:D

Gherkin
20-08-2009, 01:26 PM
more on data protection.. I asked my Early Years Coordinator and she said that as childminders are storing info on a private computer we don't need to register for data protection.. if you are putting images onto a website for marketing etc. you need to as the pics are going into a public domain..

In my area (P'borough) we have to register if we keep photos or developmental infomration on our pcs or if we work on our pc's and then save it to disc.

zillervalley
20-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I have white printer labels and print them onto them and stick them into their learning journals. For the photo albums I make for kids who leave me - I use my little Selphy printer.

hi thats what i di now, i find it much easier than photograghs

ziller