PDA

View Full Version : Ford Galaxy & SMAX owners please

uf353432
15-08-2009, 07:28 PM
anyone got one of either of these?

we went to look at both and test drove both - then came home and started reading reviews - which I know are subjective and relate to a person and their car specfically - but hubby is now worrying we'll end up with a lemon.

If you have one - can you let me have an honest review pretty please?

ta muchly xx

zillervalley
15-08-2009, 07:39 PM
sorry but i am sure some one will

best of luck

ziller

LOOPYLISA
15-08-2009, 07:44 PM
We are 'thinking' about the s-max lovely cars, been to have a look too, dunno why so big there are only 3 of us :laughing: , need to tow though :thumbsup:

Hubby has also been looking at convertables recently so goodness knows :laughing:

Minstrel
15-08-2009, 07:46 PM
I have a ford focus and love it love it to pieces!!!

Need a 7 seater though do will def be sticking to a ford.

hello kitty
15-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I used to have a Galaxy for 7 years until hubby wrote it off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great car especially now the seats fold down. Would definately have another one. I now drive a Chrysler Grand Voyager which I love but getting 3 car seats in the back all in a row is a tight squeeze.

sarah32
16-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I have a 7 seater ford galaxy

Wouldnt be without it. Did get the petrol one which can cost alot in petrol so would probably buy the diesel one but will cost you more to buy in the beginning.

All the back 5 seats move forward so gives you enough boot space to put in a double buggy and the seats are lovely, all fit full size childrens seats.

Like I said only downsize is the costs, tax and petrol.

sarah32
16-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Forgot to say anything else you want to know, let me know:)

TheBTeam
16-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I have a 9 year old Ford Galaxy where it has 7 full size seats that do not fold into the floor, the boot space can be a bit tricky when all 7 seats are in use, you have to be a little careful as to which double buggy will fit, it is a petrol version and has been a good car for us.

We also have an almost 3 year old diesel Chrysler grand voyager where the back 5 seats fold down into the floor, for boot space when all 7 seats are in use it wins hands down to the galaxy, and from what i have seen even the newer galaxy. The back of the car is good when the seats fold into the floor which is also great, not seen exactly how the new galaxy seats work. In the rear of the old galaxy it can be tight for older children in full size seats to get sufficient leg room if you have the middle row seats on the furthest back setting.

The chrysler as previously said is harder to fit a full 3 car seats in the back, but if this isn't likely to be required then the floor plan (with the underfloor stowage) gives you an easier to use space and can strap kids in the back by climbing in yourself and keeping dry in the rain.

I personally didn't like the look of the newest galaxy and we wanted more boot space and more comfortable middle row seats for our two children.

I think you need to consider the ages/use needed for your own family and how this fits in with any car seats that you would want to have strapped into the car, and how much you may want to have to move them around.

I personally keep a booster with a 5 point harness and a full car seat in the back of the galaxy and have a full car seat strapped into the middle seat of the middle row, these stay in, I then use the two outer middle row seats for my two children who do not need full car seats.

HTH

MissTinkerbell
16-08-2009, 01:55 PM
I have a 7 seater ford galaxy

Wouldnt be without it. Did get the petrol one which can cost alot in petrol so would probably buy the diesel one but will cost you more to buy in the beginning.

All the back 5 seats move forward so gives you enough boot space to put in a double buggy and the seats are lovely, all fit full size childrens seats.

Like I said only downsize is the costs, tax and petrol.

I second this... I went from driving a Fiesta to driving our Galaxy and I thought I'd have a real problem with it being so big. However I find this so much easier to park as it has parking sensors. Hubby is thinking about S-MAX next time but purely because of cheaper tax.

uf353432
16-08-2009, 03:55 PM
thanks everyone - hubby is getting really worried as there are lots of really bad reviews about tech problems with the cars and poor service from Ford. Says the man who owns a peugot 307 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
16-08-2009, 06:06 PM
We haven't had any trouble when purchasing Fords, and the move to the chrysler was a big decision, however as soon as the warranty period is over we have moved the maintenance of the cars to a local garage as have had trouble with ford dealers inflating prices/causing damage when trying to fix things.

Fords themselves have been our choice of car for almost 30 years in my dh case!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
16-08-2009, 08:56 PM
hi ive had a ford s-max titanium for 1 year and i love it to bits!
Everything about it is fab. Its a great drive, really comfy and because of the sensors its easy to park! It doesnt feel like your driving a mini bus! The seats are really easy to put up and down and with all the seats in use you still have room for a pram in it.

Hubby just said to say that the Titanium is a bit more money then the normal smax but worth the extra.

Hope this helps

helenlc
17-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I have a Galaxy 02 plate. Its lovely - love the individual seats and never have a problem getting car seats on them - even 3 across the middle row.

Only down side is the lack of boot space with all 7 seats up.

bec123
18-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi

I've recently bought a Ford Galaxy and I absolutely love it! I used to have a Renault Clio so wasn't practical with all the kids plus my own 2. Now we can all go out and its brilliant. Would definitely recommend a Galaxy. It took a while to find one in my price range but worth the wait.:)

uf353432
18-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I think he is warming to the idea now :) Even though they are identical cars bar for a couple of little differences - how can it be that he prefers the Smax and I prefer the Galaxy? pmsl! I've said i'd be ok with either and even did the reverse pychology bit last night and said ok we'll get the Smax then - and he said no - we'll still look at Galaxys as well - who knows which one we will get - watch this space!!

tinkerbelle
19-08-2009, 06:36 AM
i had a galaxy 02 reg decided to buy a espace earlier this year (big mistake) i loved my galaxy it had loads of room could fit my triple pram in the boot with all 7 seats in brill to drive etc
we had no problems with it and the only repairs we had to have down were anti roll bar as i dont like speed bumps and forget to slow down on them :blush:
other than that brill car