PDA

View Full Version : self registration board

Helen79
15-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I've just made my self registration board so the children can stick their photos & names on when they arrive but not sure where to put it (very proud of myself, I'm normally rubbish at crafty stuff :D )

I want to put it in the hall so they can do it as they arrive but then anyone who comes to the door can see their names & photos.

Just wondering where everyone else has theirs?

mummyroysof3
15-08-2009, 09:52 AM
im thinking of making one of these when i start minding, whats it like can we see a picture?

charlotte x

ZoeAlli
15-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Well done on your registration board! :clapping:
I haven't got one as such but what I do have I keep in the playroom, which is the first room they go into after taking their shoes off!
Does your door open into a room or hallway? If it opens into a hallway you could keep it in the first room they go into!
Hth! :)

Helen79
15-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I used the hot air balloons off sparklebox, with their photo & name on & have made a background poster that's the sky with clouds & grass so when they get here they stick their balloon on.
I was going to put some mirror roll up next to it & attach the balloons on there to choose from, so when they're looking for their balloon they can see themselves.

My hallway is downstairs (live in 1st floor flat) I don't have a playroom, they just play in the living room & my children's bedroom.

I don't want cm posters in the living room as I like to switch off from it at night (well once I've finished all the paperwork 5mins before bed lol)

If I put it in the kids bedroom the balloons will just get pulled off by my ds & chewed on :(

carebear25
15-08-2009, 10:45 AM
wat bout on fridge door in kitchen :)

Hebs
15-08-2009, 10:48 AM
i have one :thumbsup:

it's on the living room door (hallway side though ), yes you can see it from the front door but Mrs Ofsted never commented on it apart from how good it was, and how much it helps little ones recognise their names :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I have one wall dedicated to children's stuff - behind the dining room door.

It has a display board, posters, weather charts and self registration poster. :D

Playmate
15-08-2009, 03:21 PM
We have one which moves around. I take it down so that the children can put their photos and names on and then blue tack it where ever there is a space usually on the lounge door, quite high up as we have 3 children aged between 15mths and 2 who spend all day trying to dismantal it :laughing:

It's a small world
15-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I have one that has the alphabet around it and the children have 'splats with pics & names on.My house is like a 'v' shape and in the hall I have a coat cupboard where I have my 'notice board and my registrationis on here..the angle its at means anyone who comes to my front door cannot see anything on this door unless they walk into the house , which will only be parents or my friends.

Great ideas for registrations on here

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/signs/routine/selfreg/

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/misc/editable/borders.html

I have a number of them for season such as Xmas ' snowman' eastereggs and so on..going to change it every couple of months..exciting for the children to see the border change every now and then too..

miffy
15-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I have most of my things in the kitchen - that's where the children do all their art and craft and messy play so we spend a lot of time in there

Miffy xx

hello kitty
15-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Mine's on the fridge door too. :D

TheBTeam
16-08-2009, 08:56 AM
i have one :thumbsup:

it's on the living room door (hallway side though ), yes you can see it from the front door but Mrs Ofsted never commented on it apart from how good it was, and how much it helps little ones recognise their names :thumbsup:

Same here mine is for me to mark the children in as it is too high up for the kids on my noticeboard, but it has photos, names and days here on it and whether they are in or out. OFSTED did not say it was a problem visible from the front door. Quite often if i have to go to the front door at least one of the kids is around my legs at anyone time anyway and i will use their names so I feel it is no different to people knowing where you live and being out in the street with the kids and using their names, I do not have anything more personal than that on display so do not consider it a risk.