PDA

View Full Version : Terrible two's

sweets
14-08-2009, 05:50 PM
i don't really believe in the saying the 'terrible two's' as i think they can be stroppy anytime BUT A month ago my mindee was lovely, a delight to have, always polite, never needed reminding on please and thankyou's she actually never said thankyou she always said " thankyou very much" lol. She ate lovely, held hands lovely. She was 2 last week and its like a switch has gone on!
stuffs food in her mouth with her fingers like she hasn't eaten for a week!
Totally forgotten her manners!
Lies on the floor if asked to do something!

AAAH:panic:

Though i do love this age group! :laughing:

Trouble
14-08-2009, 05:54 PM
my daughter slept throu from being 2 days old and slept for the next 2 years all day and night (she made up for my son) but when she was about 2 she woke up and was hell for about 12 months:eek: :(

katickles
14-08-2009, 08:46 PM
My daughter who is two definatly changed. She has some amazing tantrums - whereby if she'd have started creating at one time she'd have listened & calmed right down, but now not unless she thinks she's winning!!:o

I really feel that somebody somewhere switched the switch! My previous mindee was just the same, as is my god daughter sometimes:rolleyes:

ZoeAlli
14-08-2009, 09:04 PM
my daughter slept throu from being 2 days old and slept for the next 2 years all day and night (she made up for my son) but when she was about 2 she woke up and was hell for about 12 months:eek: :(

Only 12 months! My dd hit two and is still going through the terrible twos 6 years later!!!!
She is head strong, determined and stubborn!! but has the sweetest, caring nature when she wants to!! :)

newandlearning
14-08-2009, 09:21 PM
that makes me feel a lot happier :o .. my own LO is all of the above and today got grumpy coz he couldnt have his birthday card that sings 'old macdonald'... in the end I put on some lively music and we danced spinning around in circles.. finally I think he got dizzy and forgot about being a grumps...

I know its not much .. but try spinning .. or music with attitude :jump for joy: xx

katickles
14-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Thank god my dd hasn't done that - I need my sleep:laughing: I have my baby dd 18 weeks who has recently started wakingin the nigt for a feed, she was previously sleeping through from 6 weeks so its a body shock to be woken again!!:D