PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today?

uf353432
14-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Thought it would be nice to share to either inspire ourselves or each other.

Today I had 4yr, 3 yr and 15mth old.

We went for a walk in the woods with Jessie the dog, threw sticks and looked at all the wildlife on route. On the way there the 4 yr old spotted some ripe blackberries, so on the way home armed with only nappy sacks as makeshift buckets we picked berries all the way home, scaling steep embankments and wrestling with the nettles. We adopted new identities while we picked, Farmer Lucy, Farmer Tom and me Farmer Chuckle (titter).

When we got home we washed hands and berries and knocked up a batch of cupcakes with blackberries in. The children played out in the garden on the play equipment while they waited for them to cook and cool.

4 yr old took some home for family for tea :clapping: not bad for a child who hates any form of physical exercise and fruit of any kind lol!

so come on share - tell us what you did today? :D

Hebs
14-08-2009, 02:43 PM
we had holiday vaccinations :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
14-08-2009, 02:44 PM
You have had a lovely day.
I on the other hand have been doing paper work and house work....No mindees today.
Will look forward to other posts.
Thanks for sharing that:thumbsup:

nannymcflea
14-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Not a great deal as I've had earache all day.:(

We got the cars out and train set and played for a while. Play food was next, always a favourite, we had a picnic, made tea and had strange combinations on our plates. Read stories, eldest trying to teach 2 lo's to count in French! Had lunch, went for a walk.

Came home did "painting" with water.L painted my windowsill yellow!:D

Yesterday was a much more interesting day.:laughing:

Stanfield
14-08-2009, 02:53 PM
No mindees today (or anyother day ... maternity leave till Oct!) bbut I went to Baby sensory class with my youngest (4months) whilst my eldest (2years) went to nursery.

Baby sensory was fab, clocking all the activities to do at home, lots of rhyme &sign, puppet show, bubbles and Dylan had a go on a Rody bouncy horse (I now want one, thinking Christmas-whos kidding, probably asap!), then went to Wyevale for a feed and a cream tea for myself!

Picked up my son from nursery to have a wonderful surprise, he had made a dvd with "kidsklub" featuring himself riding on a speedboat on a seaside adventure. I knew nothing about this until collection but it was a wonderful surprise, we have watched it 3 times in a row, Rhys loves seeing himself on the telly!:jump for joy:

What a lovely day

Oh and to top it off, our gardeners have arrived to finish putting up our new TP Kingswood climbingframe, swings and slides we gained from the capitolgrant!:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

LittleAcorns
14-08-2009, 02:54 PM
We had a party party partyyyyy :clapping: :clapping: its my daughters and a mindees birthday tomorrow, so we played party games and ate lots !!!! :birthday: :birthday: :cheerleader:

Pipsqueak
14-08-2009, 02:59 PM
My own kids have driven me round the bend to the point I have torn into them and not spared the horses and laid down the law in no uncertain terms - Harry had a friend round who is a spoilt pompous little whingebag/know it all.
Mindee have been good though!!

Went to a magic show which was brilliant:thumbsup:

jellytot
14-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I had my inspection.........................:panic: :panic: :panic:

Toothfairy
14-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like you had a fantastic day. :thumbsup:

I've had a day off today and spent it sorting through every cupboard getting stuff together for the boot fair I am doing on Sunday. Hubby is going to clear out the shed for me tomorrow.

We always do one big boot fair a year and usualy make between £250 - £350.

Fingers crossed the weather stays fine :thumbsup:

sweets
14-08-2009, 03:57 PM

ooh how did it go?

Pipsqueak
14-08-2009, 03:59 PM

and????? don't keep us in suspenders

Daddy Day Care
14-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I met 2 members from here and had a lovely picnic lunch, not sure what they would have thoguht of me, im sur eon here i can come across as quite loud at times but in the flesh im shy and quiet, probably found me a boring t**t lol

jellytot
14-08-2009, 04:04 PM
ooh how did it go?

I only got satsfactory..............but it is all I can expect really. Inspector was lovely so cant even bring myself to be mean about her.

Pipsqueak
14-08-2009, 04:06 PM
I only got satsfactory..............but it is all I can expect really. Inspector was lovely so cant even bring myself to be mean about her.

only satisfactory - I hope you aren't disappointed thats means you have done well and met the criteria:clapping:
well done Jelly:clapping: :clapping:

FizzysFriends
14-08-2009, 04:06 PM
We went to the furnace, played at the park, stopped for ice pop. Played on in th garden and got the bouncy castle out. Made the chocolate fudge, went to the toy shop to get fabric paints, painted Tshirts, ordered DD's school shoes.

Also had a family around who need care for their 3 month old baby.

jellytot
14-08-2009, 04:09 PM
only satisfactory - I hope you aren't disappointed thats means you have done well and met the criteria:clapping:
well done Jelly:clapping: :clapping:

I say only because everyone on here is fab and do really well, I am happy I got satisfactory as I was expecting inadequete for the eyfs part of it but she was pleased with what I had done :)

Pipsqueak
14-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I say only because everyone on here is fab and do really well, I am happy I got satisfactory as I was expecting inadequete for the eyfs part of it but she was pleased with what I had done :)

and you are fab too - don't forget that!:)

sweets
14-08-2009, 04:17 PM

that's great, bet you were pleased. :laughing:

It's a small world
14-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I met 2 members from here and had a lovely picnic lunch, not sure what they would have thoguht of me, im sur eon here i can come across as quite loud at times but in the flesh im shy and quiet, probably found me a boring t**t lol

Don't be daft ...(I think we were all shy meeting for the first time)we had a lovely morning and Im sorry if I was abit stressed about ds..always want to make a good first impression..next time we will come to you. Glad your dd had a lovely day. Ds is already asking when we will see you again :) ....

After meeting DDC and another member we came home and made Incy Wincy Spider crafts with drain and everything..Waiting for hubby to come home so we can show him and sing our song.....(Incy even climbs the spout..ill try and take a pic and download although for some reason my computer doesn't like downloading on here?????)

Lovely day anyway.

LOOPYLISA
14-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Had haircuts :clapping:

hello kitty
14-08-2009, 06:27 PM
We went to the seaside and stumbled upon a new beach I had not been to before. We made sandcastles, played ball games, made a huge picture with pebbles/stones and of course went paddling. After our picnic lunch we packed up and found a park to play in for a while then after icecreams it was time to head for home.

Later I took my new little kitten to the vet as he is a bit poorly and paid a fortune for the vet to say bring him back again Monday!

sweets
14-08-2009, 06:29 PM
went to feed the ducks but went too late and they weren't hungry! 2 yr old mindee very confused as to why they wouldn't come over to us:laughing:

TheBTeam
14-08-2009, 06:33 PM
We went to a pyo fruit and vegetables.

tinkerbelle
14-08-2009, 06:38 PM
we played in the garden from half 8 this morning then went to the pond with my dog to watch the fishermen and for a paddle in the stream followed by playing in the park then built dens upstairs and dress up
ended by tidying up and playing with our 2 new rabbits in the garden

ZoeAlli
14-08-2009, 06:39 PM
We played with the popup tents and tunell this morning, as well as cars, trains and floor mat this morning. After lunch we played outside chasing each other round the garden, riding in the ride-on cars (not me- think I'd get stuck!!!), chalking on the paved area and water "painting" evrything and anything! My DS (21/2) decided to "paint" 3yr old mindee with a whole bucket of water!!!!:laughing: Then mindees went home. Phew!!!!

uf353432
14-08-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm loving this thread :)

Its nice hearing what everyone did :clapping:

FussyElmo
14-08-2009, 07:21 PM
No mindees today. My children have drove me to distraction how many weeks left.

Met a friend and we went to a nature reserve, played on the playground, fed the ducks. Checked out the new visitor centre. Dropped children of at grandads and chilled doing the shopping!!!

venus89
14-08-2009, 08:00 PM
You lot seem to have had lovely days - ours was a bit dull by comparison.

stepdd and son have cooked up 100 cakes bith dh to sell to our neighbours to raise money for the RSPCA leaving me free to play with mindee who is Barbie obsessed this week. We played Barbies for 2 hours this morning, did some gluing, picked up my new (old) rabbit cage then had lunch>Went to messy play but she wanted to come home and play Barbies after we'd been there an hour so we came home and ended up helping dh reroof the hutch - the mindee just wanted to be involved and wouldn't be drawn into anything else :laughing:

Gizmo
14-08-2009, 08:45 PM
We had a day in the house today weather was rotten mindee arrived at 10 played with kitchen and we had a tea party. we then built towers with bricks my dd1 age 5 1/2 had a tantrum when hers was knocked over, my friend came over with her dd another 2 year old and we had great fun all afternoon

I have been a childminder for 2 weeks and I love it :clapping: :clapping:

Cazz
14-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Not starting minding yet so had a nice day with my own children.

We went for a walk into town this morning. Home for lunch then older two went to play with their friend who lives in our close while youngest had a sleep. Then the oldest two and I went to the theatre to see "Never Forget" the musical which features the Take That songs and it was fantastic, after that we went to McDonalds and got home about half an hour ago.

Had a really nice day and plan to go to bed soon lol!

sarahstanbridge
14-08-2009, 09:25 PM
we had a lovely picnic in the local park and met up with my childminder friend then spent a couple hours playing in the park.

peanuts
14-08-2009, 09:33 PM
we have been stuck in all day, too many for to go in the car somewhere. it has been pouring with rain the whole day.

zillervalley
14-08-2009, 09:33 PM
no mindees today, whether not to good hear, went to seaside for a coffee and watched the ferry go out and waived some friend off on their hols, and was very jealous
ziller

Lady Haha
14-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I only had one mindee today (plus my own son), so a nice quiet lazy day! I have been on outings and sorting out craft activities etc like a maniac all week, so today, it was very much a 'child led' day:rolleyes:

We did make rice crispie bars, my third week running of doing 'cooking' activities. And I have discovered at the grand old age of 40 that I am a useless cook!!! None of our things have gone right! We made the banana muffins that were on here somewhere, and they were horrible, so the following week we made chocolate ones and they weren't much better! This week alone, we made 'goo' and it wasn't gooey at all, it was ridiculously sticky, so I added more flour and then it was just dough.....we made rocky road bars yesterday and they just would not go solid....a sticky mess on the tray that had to go straight in the bin! And today, I think to myself 'mmm, how hard can rice crispie bars be?' grrrrr!!!! They just would not stick together!!! Only way to eat them was with a spoon!!!

I don't understand! I followed recipes! I didn't just make it up as I went along!!