PDA

View Full Version : All tearful.......

jeanybeany
14-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Well my mindee of 16 months has just gone to sleep holding my hand, bless. It has made me all tearful, as it reminded me of the first time he went to sleep in my arms at a few months old on a visit. It shows you real trust and love I think when they feel that comfortable with you. Goodness help me when this mindee leaves hopefully not for a while yet!

Sorry just had to share. How you can not get attached to them is beyond me when they come full time and you've cared for them since they were tiny. In his mums words "this is mindees second home".

Think it's time for a cuppa before mindee wakes.:D

FussyElmo
14-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Thats lovely. There is no way you cant get attached really is there.

Enjoy your cuppa!!!

ORKSIE
14-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Yep I agree, it is lovely when you get that bond. I love it when they come up to me for no reason and give you a hug, puts a lump in my throat. Bless em!

uf353432
14-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I loose my first mindee next week, he is leaving my house and going to straight to a ferry to Germany. I can't bring myself to think about the day as I will be so upset. He has only been with me for a couple of months - can't imagine how I will feel when a mindee who has been with me years leaves.

My reward was watching him take his first unaided steps this week. His parents reward was that I had my camera out at the time so caught it on camera for them :)

sarah707
14-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I've just had a visit from an ex mindee - she is 13 now!

I went to see another in France last week who is 15 :eek:

I remember crying when both of them left and goodness does it make me feel old :laughing:

Trouble
14-08-2009, 05:10 PM
i have a mindee aged 2 she calls me emi's Di (short for emily) and emi loves Di

right now its the only thing keeping me in this job, i could kiss her and cry :blush: everytime she says it