PDA

View Full Version : A bit irritated - am I just tired?

cuffleygirl
14-08-2009, 10:21 AM
This holiday I have had one mindee who bowls up late and leaves early and its beginning to get on my nerves. He (age 10) is at home with grandparents through the holiday, so why get up as early as school? he is normally just after school recently cut hours from before and after school and is being collected anytime from 3pm to 5pm. I can't plan trips properly he is sulky if at home for most of the day due to his lateness and co-ordinating baby sleeps (they could sleep in the car if he was earlier) tried speaking to parents got nowhere. I'm too nice to just go out for the day without him. Instead of everyday during the hols he has cut to just one or two.

I may just be tired and due a break (hols week after next) as its the long school hol. But fed up with being treated like this, my kids are starting to miss out on days out cos of it.

zillervalley
14-08-2009, 10:26 AM
at the beginning of the hols did they give you a timr when he would be coming,
cos seems to me they are not considerating you at all,

ziller

nannymcflea
14-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Plan your days out, tell them the time he needs to be there, if he's not go anyway. (Text and say they can meet you there if they want)
Why should your others suffer because of his family? Maybe he'd be better off in an open access holiday club?

I have to say I am lucky that my parents do turn up early if asked, they know that their kids are having a fun day out, no extra charge, they get home later, no extra charge and I sometimes drop them off enroute too!

You have every right to be irritated, this would drive me doughnuts.:panic:

marian
14-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Just plan away!
Tell them and write a note too! that for example 2morrow you are going to the zoo and will be leaving at such and such oclock. and He needs to be with you by ...... ..

Explain that if not with you by then you will assume that he isnt coming and will leave with out him

Marian x

jeanybeany
14-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I had this in the past with one set of parents. They were supposed to be here at 9:15 instead they would turn up when it suited. I could not goto toddlers etc and in the end I wrote where I would be each day and at what times and said you will have to bring the child to me! They were not happy but soon realised I wouldn't be at their beck and call. Needless to say it didn't work out for other reasons and I ended up terminating without notice. These parents are not considering your other work committments or your family.

ZoeAlli
14-08-2009, 11:03 AM
No I don't think it's just tiredness. I think these parents are taking liberties!! It is unfair to expect you to hang around putting your plans on hold while you wait for their son to turn up.
I agree with the others, i would write a letter saying that you are going out on the following days, say where you are going, what time you are leaving (if he is not there by that time you will assume he is not coming), what he needs to bring (if anything) and the time you will be returning.
Hope you get this sorted!! :)

ORKSIE
14-08-2009, 11:11 AM
It is unfair, I have a family like this.
If we have a trip planned i write in the daily diary that we are going out and what time i need the child at mine.
This has worked so far, but if i dont say anything they turn up at all times:( Very annoying!

Twinkles
14-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Mine all know they have to be with me by 9.30 at the latest in the holidays. We go out every day even if it's just a walk and a picnic , they also know I won't wait ( without them giving me a good reason ).

cuffleygirl
14-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Right I have made a decision. I am going to give notice turned up late - baby had gone to sleep ended up having lunch home then going to the park not the local a nice park a few miles away I brought the wrong drinks - 'parks aren't my thing!' he is a 10 year old football crazy boy! he lay in the goal and sulked that has made my decision!

twise
14-08-2009, 09:19 PM
i had a similar problem. Child only comes to me after school from 3:15 until 6:30. Every holiday we have had to make sure we are home at 3:15 so that i am there when they arrive, most of the time they don't turn up until 4pm thinking they are doing me a favour:mad: When the other children tell my mindee what they have been up to that day 9 out of 10 times she goes into a strop and says its not fair she never gets to do anything. Anyway, this holiday i told the parents i would rather condense her hours into a couple of days so that she has an opportunity to join in. three times now they have agreed to be with me by 10am so that we can go out for the day and three times they have been late. First time by 30 mins..i waited with 5 very impatient children:( The second time and third time i text and said sorry we are going and i'm not going to wait. the parents then asked if they could move her hours to another day as I hadn't taken her:angry: As I too haven't had a holiday since xmas and my holiday is another 2 weeks away, I had no hesitation to say no sorry you should have been here as those were the days we agreed!

good 4 you 4 making a decision

Tracy