PDA

View Full Version : longterm planning help

watgem
13-08-2009, 09:29 PM
please help! my eyso came out to assess my setting-I showed her my planning which is based around the continuous provision I offer and the routines, also spontaneous and planned events all linked to the areas of development and highlighted to show whether something was child-led or adult led. She pulled me up on my long term planning-I have none apart from things like carnivals, Christmas, special events etc because I thought our planning was supposed to reflect the children s individual learning styles, interests and abilities so how could I plan for this sometime in the future ifyswim? Anyway she drew up a big grid with months of the year along the top, down the side the 6 areas of l&d, special events, adult led etc and said in all the little squares I have to incorporate the development matters to make sure I cover all of them within the year. I could see this might be viable in a reception class/preschool where the age range is pretty similar but am wondering how it will work for childminders with variable ages/abilities. I also feel it contradicts the ethos of the eyfs in that we are planning for children as individuals and as we know whats important to them today might be forgotten in a couple of weeks. i also thought that we shouls be able to get all our observations and thus planning through treating childre as individuals.
I am now very confused-please can anybody help:idea:

sarah707
14-08-2009, 06:43 AM
She is talking a load of twaddle as you well know.

You are doing more than is necessary to meet the requirements of each child and the Eyfs... she is trying to justify her salary.

I hope you are going to thank her for her kind suggestions and throw her chart in the bin.

xx

miffy
14-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't think I'd even thank her - just chuck it in the bin

Miffy xx

watgem
14-08-2009, 07:13 AM
hee hee! thank you ladiesxxxx

hello kitty
14-08-2009, 07:18 AM
She is talking a load of twaddle as you well know.

You are doing more than is necessary to meet the requirements of each child and the Eyfs... she is trying to justify her salary.

I hope you are going to thank her for her kind suggestions and throw her chart in the bin.

xx

here, here.

Some of these office based "support" workers appear to confuse the situation and by doing so upset cms. I have supported 2 minders local to me who were getting really down about the whole eyfs until I pointed out all the good things they were doing. :(

ZoeAlli
14-08-2009, 11:45 AM
here, here.

Some of these office based "support" workers appear to confuse the situation and by doing so upset cms. I have supported 2 minders local to me who were getting really down about the whole eyfs until I pointed out all the good things they were doing. :(

I know what you mean!!- unfortunately it happens in every business, these people sit in their offices thinking they know it all because they've got degrees etc in it but when it comes to the practical side of things they have no idea!!!!
It's good to know that people like you are around to offer the support that is helpful! Thank you! :clapping: