PDA

View Full Version : I've always wanted one!! - A binding machine!!

button68
22-02-2008, 04:01 PM
O.K. ..... "My name is Mandy and I am a Stationary Saddo" :laughing:

I've always wanted one of these (2nd favorite piece of office equipment, obviously a laminator occupies the top spot ;) ) and almost got one in the January sales in Staples.

However, my dad phoned me today from Netto to say they had them in for £14.99!!! This includes 20 back sheets, 20 front sheets and 20 combs - a bargain I think!

Just hope the laminator doesn't get too jealous :D

angeldelight
22-02-2008, 04:02 PM
That sounds really good - I want one now ha

We had a post about this before ages ago and I said I was going to get one and I never did

I might go and have a look

Thanks

Angel xx

Banana
22-02-2008, 04:03 PM
LOL

I've got a binder but havnt used it!!

Maybe I should get it out of storage!!

xx

Monkey1
22-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I have had one for ages! They are fab! I make books for everything, even made all personalised calendars for my mates for christmas. Well worth the money. Think mine was from aldi 14.99

deeb66
22-02-2008, 04:05 PM
That sounds brilliant.

I also want a binding machine and looked at one in Rymans the other day....it was £29.99 and then you had to buy the combs themselves.

I don't have a Netto near me :crying: :crying:

Mollymop
22-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I haven't heard of one before. But I must have one - me thinks:thumbsup:

littlesprogs
22-02-2008, 04:11 PM
i got one offebay a while ago and got 100 covers with it and 50 combs in different sizes was a good bargain unfortunately it broke so i emailed the guy who sold it me and he just sent me another one for nothing :D

button68
22-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I haven't heard of one before. But I must have one - me thinks:thumbsup:

Trust me you NEED one :D

sarah707
22-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I think i would enjoy using one... but it's where to put the thing! :panic:

LittleMissSparkles
22-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I dont know if I'd use one or not x

Bargain though :D

emler
22-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Oh I think I want one now lol. Don't have a netto near me though :(

Emler x

button68
22-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I dont know if I'd use one or not x

Bargain though :D

Oooooo just think of those beautifully bound Daily Diarys, Visitors Book errrrrrm ............ ok, ok I just WANT one :laughing:

anneriddington
22-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Binders are great I use mine to make every child I mind their own personal book containg all their permission forms, their personal details and a copy of their contract. It keeps them together and looks really professional. Have doe the same for my policies.

Pauline
22-02-2008, 06:02 PM
ooooh that sounds fun, I love new toys. :)

Do you think the refills of the combs would be easy to get? Do any type fit all machines?

littlesprogs
22-02-2008, 06:05 PM
ooooh that sounds fun, I love new toys. :)

Do you think the refills of the combs would be easy to get? Do any type fit all machines?

you can get them from most stationary places and are quite cheap too.

I havent found any that dont fit my machine.

anneriddington
22-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I got mine from Amazon I think it was about £15

charleyfarley
22-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Ooh ooh I've got one too.

Wouldn't be without it. I bind everything my welcome book, my policies and procedures and my permission forms for each child.

It does make your forms look professional and of course they are all kept together

As for your laminator getting jealous course it won't. Laminator and binding machine is a match made in heaven:laughing:

Carol xx

button68
22-02-2008, 06:45 PM
As for your laminator getting jealous course it won't. Laminator and binding machine is a match made in heaven:laughing:

Carol xx

http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-love-smileys-782.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/) - true love :)

elaineg
22-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Im useless with mine, I can never get the holes in a straight line, half of them go off the page altogher, just cant get the hang of it.

love Elaine XXx

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Mmm I got one for Christmas and have not used it yet, but feel the need to try it now, so look out policies here I come :laughing:

miffy
22-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Wilkinson's have these as well but not sure of the price

Miffy xx

jmoff
22-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Im useless with mine, I can never get the holes in a straight line, half of them go off the page altogher, just cant get the hang of it.

love Elaine XXx

yep, the same here...now I get my hubby to do it for me at work.:)

Minnie Minx
22-02-2008, 09:19 PM
gosh i'd forgotten that you lot were stationary addicts :D :D

xxx

Tily Bud
22-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Oooh i feel a shopping trip coming on x

ajs
22-02-2008, 11:21 PM

I've always wanted one of these (2nd favorite piece of office equipment, obviously a laminator occupies the top spot ;) ) and almost got one in the January sales in Staples.

However, my dad phoned me today from Netto to say they had them in for £14.99!!! This includes 20 back sheets, 20 front sheets and 20 combs - a bargain I think!

I've got one of these too, i haven't used it yet and tbh i bought it for hubby to do his uni work and then bind as it costs £5 a time to bind at uni
but i am intending to do everything i can
so if it can't be laminated it can be bound

Teresa
23-02-2008, 12:04 AM
there are some on e bay at £7.99

hello kitty
23-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I've got one too - it makes your work look professional.

I love it.

Sarah :)

manjay
23-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Ok girls you have persuaded me I need one of these!! I have a day infront of the pc today with a list as long as my arm of things to order :eek:

amanda xx

Michelle M
23-02-2008, 07:04 PM

I have just got one of these binding machines, I managed to get it from my local freecycle site, so it cost me nothing and I love it, my wecome pack looks so much nicer. I got a laminator at Christmas and gone a bit crazy with laminating :blush:

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I've got one its only small smaller than a laminator used to use it when teaching to bind my copies of handouts etc.

Celine

Rubybubbles
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
there are some on e bay at £7.99

be careful on ebay I ordered one back when ever and it never turned up, I had to go report th bloke too:angry:

I'll try and name and shame, off to see if any info left on my account:thumbsup:

had a look, not on there anymore:thumbsup: slimy chancer I did get my money back though:cool:

tinytigers
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
:o :o Whats a binder lol? Never heard of one but reading the posts have got the idea!! I think.

I will be in trouble for spending. Been moaned at already lol and not even registered yet. I love stationary cant wait for a laminator.:thumbsup:

Annie_T
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
lol your not a stationary saddo hun, im just the same .. and just make u feel biit beta my fella likes anything shiny or any 'wicked' gadet for the kitchen lol

ive seen binding machines in wilko's but as of yet not brought one as im saving for new printer/fax/copier thing ive seen :D

gailee
02-03-2008, 05:07 PM
well i went and brought one from ebay £7.99 +3.99P+P hopefully get it soon !! i should be able to make my own attendance records and maybe my account records instead of buying them?? that might save some money in the long run ? and also like the others putting your policies in! plus add it to your expenses ? :laughing:

gailee
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
well my binding machine came today well i've punched and binded loads of paper all good fun made my own attenadance register and weekly timetables (for the next couple of weeks having 1 leaving and i'm giving notice to 1 in a couple of weeks time! not very good at paying on time and he brokes toys and blames someone else and you've got make sure you check his pockets b4 he leaves?? puts my cars in them!!)sorry getting back to my machine i can do my own accounts books too! :D
gailx

miss muffit
07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi and thanks

got mine in netto today

have a nice weekend

:) :) :)

Rubybubbles
07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
well my binding machine came today well i've punched and binded loads of paper all good fun made my own attenadance register and weekly timetables (for the next couple of weeks having 1 leaving and i'm giving notice to 1 in a couple of weeks time! not very good at paying on time and he brokes toys and blames someone else and you've got make sure you check his pockets b4 he leaves?? puts my cars in them!!)sorry getting back to my machine i can do my own accounts books too! :D
gailx

glad you like it:thumbsup:

I must get one, I need one me thinks