PDA

View Full Version : Duty of Information

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Did you know that whenever FIS/CIS sends out your information to enquiries they will be including the CM's URN (EY) number as well.
This is under the Duty of Information Act 2008.

Found that out today!

Hebs
13-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Did you know that whenever FIS/CIS sends out your information to enquiries they will be including the CM's URN (EY) number as well.

Found that out today!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

really??? thats shocking :panic:

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 02:37 PM
And there I was preparing to take my URN off my paperwork!! Hardly seems any point now, if it's so readily available to parents seeking childcare!!!!:eek:

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 02:39 PM
As was pointed out to me - its nothing to do with us if parents make fraudulent claims - there is no come back on us. Silly me for thinking benefit fraud affects us all one way or another and we could do our bit by not providing our URN until contracts are signed:eek:

Hebs
13-08-2009, 02:45 PM
As was pointed out to me - its nothing to do with us if parents make fraudulent claims - there is no come back on us. Silly me for thinking benefit fraud affects us all one way or another and we could do our bit by not providing our URN until contracts are signed:eek:

might as well stick it to our windows :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

miffy
13-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Found that out today!

That's news to me!

I assume it's the same for every FIS department?

Miffy xx

sarah707
13-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Good to know we have been consulted on this one isn't it? :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 03:00 PM
That's news to me!

I assume it's the same for every FIS department?

Miffy xx

For right across the country!

Apparently this was mooted 2006 and its was passed in 2008 - the government or whoever has been chasing it because it hasn't been implemented and our (my area) letters are going out next week to tell everyone. I was only told because I am a support minder and their 'may be some fall out'!

I can see a point to it - people can check out the minders and make informed comparisions between minders before going to see people but on the other hand.....

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Good to know we have been consulted on this one isn't it? :rolleyes:

Makes you wander what's coming next!

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 03:12 PM
just been trying to find information on the net about it..... can't find anything:(

miffy
13-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I've just had a parent to see me and she had already seen my report :eek:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I've just had a parent to see me and she had already seen my report :eek:

Miffy xx

aha - the system is obviously in place in your area

miffy
13-08-2009, 04:03 PM
aha - the system is obviously in place in your area

So it seems, I was pleased I'd read this thread - at least I knew how she's got hold of it!

Miffy xx

youarewhatyoueat
13-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Its not difficult to get someones urn number, many of you advertise where you are,its easy enough to do a postcode search on the ofsted website and the closest to the postcode will be at the top and all the urn numbers are there,its always been like that. The revenue and customs are now checking claims during the duration of the claim, it is not our problem if people falsely claim,it is often checked up to several years later.

madasahatter
13-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I hate to think how much fraud is going on regarding the childcare tax credits system. When it first came out I got a yearly letter from tax credit people (one for each child who's parents were getting tax credit) asking me to confirm that I was providing childcare and how much I was charging. Now there is nothing! I am sure that there are many people out there who are overclaiming.

Surprisingly the NHS childcare bursary that one of my parents received whilst studying for her nursing degree was checked up on every six months!

youarewhatyoueat
13-08-2009, 04:32 PM
The revenue and customs made this announcement recently that they would be phoning childcare to check on claims approx every 6 months so lets hope they actually do, they also said that we do not have to inform them when a claiment leaves our care.

Erika
13-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not surprised to be honest. The Care Commision has been doing this for a while, the inspection reports and childminders reg numbers are on the website.