PDA

View Full Version : In shock!!!

funtoplay
13-08-2009, 01:25 PM
This morning I was looking out of my kitchen window which looks out over the road in front of my house. Just opposite is parking. Well a car pulls up. I sort of recognise it. A lady gets out...oh my god it is the Ofsted inspector I had last november for my inspection. I start to shake and suddenly start looking at the washing up on the side. She walks towards the house, then carries on walking and around the corner to a neighbours house, i think (she used to be a childminder).

I was in such a panic, house is not bad but oh dear it isn't to inspection standard!!!! I was literally shaking!!

What would you do if an inspector just turned up? Another childminding friend said she would sudden get the children playing hide and seek!!!!

Julia

Mollymop
13-08-2009, 01:29 PM
How scarey that must have been for you!

ORKSIE
13-08-2009, 01:31 PM
OMG you poor thing:laughing: Sorry to laff but i could imagine you shocked face:)
I would also panic, no one wants a shock like that, we all need time to prepare even if its only a day.
Hope you've calmed down now:D

LittleAcorns
13-08-2009, 01:34 PM
What would you do if an inspector just turned up? Another childminding friend said she would sudden get the children playing hide and seek!!!!

Julia

LOL thats what Id do, oh and this....

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7435/dsc01297vyp.th.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/dsc01297vyp.jpg/)

dont worry these arent mindees :laughing:

nannymcflea
13-08-2009, 01:38 PM
LOL thats what Id do, oh and this....

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7435/dsc01297vyp.th.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/dsc01297vyp.jpg/)

dont worry these arent mindees :laughing:

:laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

We have loads of parcel tape here..off to try it...on my own of course:idea:

haribo
13-08-2009, 01:42 PM
omg how scary :eek: wonder what she was doing though if your neighbour doesnt childmind anymore :eek: do we never escape once we are in their clutches :laughing: maybe she is returning to childminding ? or maybe i shouldnt be so nosy hehe x bet you were relieved to put it mildly !

funtoplay
13-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Love the tape idea!!!!!

My neighbour is new(ish) so I think she was planning to return at some point!!!

I was seriously shaking though. Had to ring a friend just to tell her!!! Sorry for waking you kelly!!!

Julia

Helen79
13-08-2009, 02:14 PM
How scary,for you :panic:
I'm in a 1st floor flat so very easy for me to pretend I'm not in :laughing:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
13-08-2009, 02:18 PM
OMG I would have just hid out the back and told the children to be quiet. :laughing:

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I bet that was scarey for you!!
If it were me I would get the children to put their shoes on quickly and start piling them in the car!!- I would then say I'm very sorry got an appointment and won't be in for rest of the day!!!:laughing:

her8y
13-08-2009, 04:17 PM
My friend wouldnt let the inspector through the door (braver than me). Told her she was going out (:eek: ).

Inspector came back next day but she got a right grilling and picked up on EVERYTHING.

Really dont think I would have been that brave:panic:

mandy moo
14-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I had one arrive on my doorstep yesterday, no warning,
My dad was here decorating my living room..
It was 12.30 was just about to serve lunch ..
she didnt even flinch when I said it wasnt a good time!!
Luckily had no mindees..

LittleAcorns
14-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Mandy Moo :eek: what did she come round for?

Toothfairy
14-08-2009, 04:00 PM
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would have made the Mindees play sleeping Lions and pretend to be out! :D

jeanybeany
14-08-2009, 04:18 PM
This is how I get my children to tidy up! I always say if ofsted come now what would we do? Then they start putting their dishes away etc. I'm so mean.............pity it doesn't work on hubby (lol).

mandy moo
16-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Mandy Moo :eek: what did she come round for?

When I had my accident back in feb'ry, I rang to tell them what/how it had happened.
An inspector visited me and gave me a action asking me to write out a risk assement for the car, and to have a valid MOT certificate in my portfolio,
(I have one but not in my portfolio, my husband keeps it at his buisness premises, he s a mechanic) she came back the other day to see if I had the nessecary risk assement in place etc.