PDA

View Full Version : NCMA journals

OrlandoBelle
13-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I have just been sent a renewal notice for my NCMA membership and insurance and inside there was a leaflet with some of the other tools of the trade that they sell and I noticed that they do a Journal. Does anyone else use these? Can you please tell me what it is like inside? Is it just a plain note pad inside or does it have guidelines of things to write, observations, etc? Does anyone have a photo they could maybe put up on here of the inside so we can all have a nosey? :D

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Its A5 booklet - two days to a page and thats it:thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
13-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Its A5 booklet - two days to a page and thats it:thumbsup:

Oh how disappointing! LOL. Thought it might be something good! Nevermind. x

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Thought they might be like that (not very helpful!!), so not really looked at them. I do use some of their other things though and have found them quite useful!!:)

harrysgirl
13-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes, I ordered an NCMA Journal thinking it might be inspirational - but it's NOT!!!
I was sorely disappointed!
I wouldn't bother if I was you - expensive for what it is ;)

OrlandoBelle
13-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for that. Don't think i'll bother then. :( I use their attendance records, receipt book and accounts book which I am quite happy with. Shame their journals aren't so good. x

beerheaven
13-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree with the others. I bought one journal to see if it was an improvement on my own, but I too was quite disappointed.

You really can do a much better one yourself!!:thumbsup:

katickles
13-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I just use my own Tesco's books - much better for having the space I need to write in & cost nothing like the NCMA ones:)

I saw my friends & like the others, didn't think a lot of them.

Mollymop
14-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I just use my own Tesco's books - much better for having the space I need to write in & cost nothing like the NCMA ones:)

I saw my friends & like the others, didn't think a lot of them.

The same here, I use those cheap tesco A5 books. They do the job just as well as the NCMA journal would, I expect.

zillervalley
14-08-2009, 09:11 PM
We were lucky we got one on our e.y.f.s. training day for nothing, I do use it for one child but I havent bought any more, just buy the cheapest I can find works just as well

ziller